Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From Falmer Station up to the Amex

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Does anybody else on here feels it needs brightening up a bit. I was thinking maybe a merchandise stall, Albion run tea and burger stall, and possibly a newspaper stall selling sweets and stuff. It just seems a bit sterile walking towards the stadium

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I agree, it should be a mini Wembley way. I still think there's room for a temporary marquee outside full of music and beer on match days. I guess the club don't want people milling about here though, they want them in the ground spending cash!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I think the planning permission disallowed any stalls in the stadium vicinity.

I don't think it was a planning decsion but one made by the club are talks with the village who didn't want it. The club as I get it said there wouldn't be any in part to please them.

I could be wrong don't flame me!

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I think the planning permission disallowed any stalls in the stadium vicinity.

If that is the case then that would explain a lot to me. I've always wondered why there is all the space around the outside of the ground that isn't exploited with stalls etc.

I've always wanted us to change the tiles in the subway under the A27 to blue and white ones too :D

I've always wanted us to change the tiles in the subway under the A27 to blue and white ones too :D
There has been a subway there for fifty years. It's a space that is now used by football fans for just a few hours on 25 or so occasions a year. Most of the time, it's used by students. I can't see any case for jcl football users having much of a say in what the subway should look like.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
There has been a subway there for fifty years. It's a space that is now used by football fans for just a few hours on 25 or so occasions a year. Most of the time, it's used by students. I can't see any case for jcl football users having much of a say in what the subway should look like.

JCL to the world of NSC, not to the world of watching the Albion Mr Bracknell. I'm sure there are people who have been around the club far longer than my 15 odd years with far sillier ideas.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011

I'm actually talking about the tarmac walk from the station to the stadium. Just meant it looks so barren. I thought a few Albion run stalls selling food, papers etc and perhaps that walk to be lined with Albion flags. Make it more colourful and welcoming.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Don't see why they shouldn't have a say on what it looks like on match days though. Any stalls wouldn't be there all the time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said.
Get off the train, get inside, spend your cash.

I for one am very happy to comply.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

Wow, either you got out of bed the wrong side this morning or you're just being an arsehole

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

Crawley have got a giant football on the roundabout next to their ground and that was there before the ground was built!

It is quite a grotty subway. If and when the time comes for it to be refurbished, it would be quite a community-minded gesture for the club to contribute to its retiling, and a blue and white mosaic would look great there.

Wow, either you got out of bed the wrong side this morning or you're just being an arsehole
Ok. I'll try again.

What I really, really like about our stadium is that it feels like it belongs to US. What gives me this sense of ownership of the place is the FACT that you can arrive there without feeling that you've walked into a shopping mall, where - as soon as you get off the train - you are bombarded with invitations to spend money. Instead, you can use the open space to mill around, meet people, have conversations, plan the post-match drinking venue, etc. It's OUR space. Let's keep it like that.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Stalls selling flags, scarfs and other official mechanise would be nice. All run by the club so they would make money out of it.

JCL to the world of NSC, not to the world of watching the Albion Mr Bracknell. I'm sure there are people who have been around the club far longer than my 15 odd years with far sillier ideas.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Lord Bracknell was referring to all of us being JCL's to the area of Falmer rather than JCL's to football.

I could be wrong though and it may have been a dig.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Lord Bracknell was referring to all of us being JCL's to the area of Falmer rather than JCL's to football.

I could be wrong though and it may have been a dig.
You're right. No dig at fellow-Albion supporters was intended. I was a student at Sussex University, way way back (when what we now call Brighton University was Brighton College of Education), and I was a daily user of the subway then.

And I do like it uncluttered.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
You're right. No dig at fellow-Albion supporters was intended. I was a student at Sussex University, way way back (when what we now call Brighton University was Brighton College of Education), and I was a daily user of the subway then.

And I do like it uncluttered.

No I'm not talking about the subway under the A27 just the bit from the station to the Amex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here