Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friends Of NSC - A Business Idea

Would you use a " Friends Of NSC " club ?.

• Yes I would be inclined to its a good idea

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • I may use someone from NSC its a worthwhile option

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • No I would not use this option at all

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Fence - come back to me

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll give it some more thought - I think it would need some carefully crafted Ts & Cs due to the reasons looney states above, which has always been my concern with this.

Unfortunately differences of opinion do genuinely occur, despite the best of intentions, and it someone comes ranting on NSC about a bad experience with a particular tradesman then people start becoming upset, and that particular upset could lead to legal difficulty.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why is it a can of worms ?. It is no different to the BHAFC " Friends of the Albion " model where BHAFC fans tradepeople's services are advertised on the website and in the match programme very home game. I am unaware of a raft of legal claims and court action against BHAFC so far.

Can you explain why it is a massive can of worms Lokki ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Does this mean the Yellow Pages can be sued if someone is not happy with the services of someone who advertises there ?. If it is perceived to be too much hassle let it drop as Bozza runs this site and its his call. I suspect the objections raised may be because I suggested this idea and if it had been anyone else it would have been superb.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
We have friends of the albion club and I think a " friends of nsc " club would be a good idea.

The club would have people/trades covering all aspects, carpenter, electrician, estate agent, accountant, mortgage broker, car salesman, electrician, plumber etc etc.

There could be a sub forum " Friends Of NSC " where people who needed advice or someone to help could go, all the trades would be there. The tradesmen would be NSC members only.

What better way to do business than with fellow BHAFC fans and people you can trust. After all any poor service I am sure would be reported back to the FONSC ( Fonzy ) forum and indeed any good service would result in recommendations the ultimate barometer.

The tradesman, if any business resulted from NSC would give back a % of the monies earned to NSC to help the developement and running costs of NSC.

I know this is not a business forum but I have done business here and indeed got an electrician when I needed one from a recommendation on NSC ( Dropkick Turnip ) and he was superb , so much so I passed his name onto another NSC member. It will just be another option on NSC to everyone's mutual benefit.

With all the adverts we get everyday I think we are missing a trick here.

Great Idea Once Again Gavin! And Already That Loser Franks Wild Years Tries To Claim Credit. I Desapair At The Lengths These Idiots Go To For Attention I Really Do. Maybe You Could Provide An On Going Commentry On This New Sub Forum About House Prices And Economic Conditions? I Know A Lot Of People Would Find That Very Useful Indeed.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
why is it a can of worms ?. It is no different to the bhafc " friends of the albion " model where bhafc fans tradepeople's services are advertised on the website and in the match programme very home game. I am unaware of a raft of legal claims and court action against bhafc so far.

Can you explain why it is a massive can of worms lokki ?.

You Tell Him Gav.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
are you a 'worm seller' ? I was looking for one of those as my compost needs some piss

Don't buy his worms. I did and they were rubbish. I'm off to complain on Fonzy about him.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
True. I was only being nice, and somewhat over-compensating for the mercilless piss taking he endures.

Thanks ( I think ). I know I ask for some stick but the relentless piss taking is so f***ing draining. I do suspect if this idea was mooted from someone in the NSC Inner Sanctum and we all know why they are it would be praised as a genuis idea but as it becomes from " Gavin " it is shit. Ah well.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyway yet again a sensible thread is turning into the obligatory binfest and I can't be arsed anymore so I wish you a good day.

:bigwave:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Does this mean the Yellow Pages can be sued if someone is not happy with the services of someone who advertises there ?. If it is perceived to be too much hassle let it drop as Bozza runs this site and its his call. I suspect the objections raised may be because I suggested this idea and if it had been anyone else it would have been superb.

I agree with the idea but I think the potential problem is as follows.

I call up John Boy who comes round to do some plumbing, as he mentions on this forum that he is a plumber.
He comes round, and says he can only do a temporary job, as important part won't be available till next week.
Being an unreasonable twat, I then go onto NSC and say "Everyone, don't use John Boy, he's a shit plumber".
Other people then decide not to use a perfectly good tradesmen because of one idiot's comment.

Disclaimer - John Boy is an excellent plumber, and I am (mostly) not an unreasonable twat!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Is it really somthing we need? A solution to a problem which does not excist?

I do see threads which say "I need a plumber, please help!" - with the reply "such and such is a plumber. PM him/her".

So it already excists. Its a great idea which we already do.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
why not just use friends of the Albion ??

Exactly.

While a nice idea in principal, I don't think I would do 'business' with some of the 'characters' on here.

NSC is a place for discussion, binfests and Albion-related stuff - not business, IMHO

Use Friends of the Albion. It's an excellent way to find services. I use it all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here