Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fred The Argus Seller. RIP

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Perhaps attilla (who was sat just in front of me on Saturday) could write a poem in his memory and read it out over the tannoy.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Cadiz Seagull said:
Very sad news, R.I.P. Fred :angel:

Wasn't he banned from the Goldstone? or rather the Argus was banned by Bellotti/Archer?

A genuine part of Albion history. His ghost will walk the touchline at Falmer and I for one will buy a paper from him.

Yes he was kicked out of the Goldstone on the orders of David Bullshiti one match day. I seem to remember that he was very upset as his pet dog was still inside the ground and they would not let him back in to get it.

RIP Fred. Such a shame you never got to sell an Argus at Falmer.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
RIP Fred. Agree with many sentiment on here that he is someone who deserves a tribute.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'm gutted... I, like many, have their Goldstone memories.. a pounds worth of leomon bons bons, the cigar smoke, the rude words, the tight shorts... and Fred shouting "AArrrrrrrrrGUS!"

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
Very sad news. Fred was part of my childhood as I used to buy copies of Shoot from him at the Goldstone. As I got older he was always there at the County Ground, the dog track or the local racecourse to sell me an Argus.

RIP Fred - you'll be sadly missed.

I think I was about 8 or 9 when I 1st bought Shoot off him.

RIP Fred. :angel:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Jam The Man said:
A minute's silence/applause is well in order for this guy...

RIP

Definately. When you think of some of the sham minutes silences weve had to endure, such as Ken Bigley and the Queen f***ing mum then Fred comes way up there in the deserving ranks.

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
people like this man made half the atmosphere,just think yourselves lucky to have met him and seen him -falmer as much as you need it will never bring real people like him again coz they dont exist anymore .Im sure it would be a great comfort to his family to know how we all remember him
RIP fred

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
RIP Fred, a true Albion legend and one of my enduring memories of the matchday experience at the Goldstone. Best wishes to his family and friends and I hope they draw some comfort from seeing the high regard we held him in.

:angel:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
RIP Fred. One of the characters that stick in our memories.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A true Sussex legend. On the dirt track in front of the North Stand or weaving through the deckchairs at the Cromwell Road End - "Taaaan Final...!"

RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here