Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Franz Sandaza

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Brilliant news. Welcome to the Sussex Costa.
Can we now loan Holroyd back to Eastbourne.
Oh shit I am watching the Borough this Saturday.
How about next week to loan him out, Gus?
Please, please, please, please

God youre boring.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
This is not a moan but both strikers are on 1 year deals.If they were of any real quality then surely 2 or 3 year deals would have been handed out?

For this reason and i expect the same with Gus i'm not getting my hopes up with these type of signings.

So we never did sign a PROVEN STRIKER in the end, instead gambles again?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Fair enough, can see you point completely, just sometimes it seems people are referring to anyone who doesnt think we'll finish top 6 easily as a negative so and so.

There are those who dont think we'll finish top 6 with what I see as a realistic approach, not a glass half empty, these not the negative so & so's.

There are also those who are just making negativity the way forward, moaning about how crap Murray is, Holroyd is, rather than suggest the squad needs strengthening with understandable arguments and points of view.

Hope that clears up that up

:bhasign:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This is a great signing on paper and give sus competition up front. Very good news. Now Im beginning to get a tad excited :)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Really really chuffed with this signing. He could be fantastic for us. Hopefully we can get him on a longer contract asap, would be a shame if he was good and we lost him after a year!

Well done Mr. Poyet. Badger and WW will be gutted!!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
This is not a moan but both strikers are on 1 year deals.If they were of any real quality then surely 2 or 3 year deals would have been handed out?

For this reason and i expect the same with Gus i'm not getting my hopes up with these type of signings.

So we never did sign a PROVEN STRIKER in the end, instead gambles again?

Isn't it because one is an 18y/o on a development contract which is admittedly a gamble, and the other has had injury problems despite a half-decent scoring record in divisions at a higher or similar standard than ours?

I agree with you to a point that neither are a marquee signing, a well-known name, but those sorts of players cost absurd money and at the end of the day these guys are useful additions, at worst strength in depth, and at best...this guy, provided he keeps fit, could be unreal.

I'm not someone who believes we're going to go up in the top 2- even with these additions I'm still not convinced we'll make play-offs - but I'm confident of top 10 and the way I see it, the constant negativity on here is so gleeful in its execution and timing - i.e. WW's 'Poyet's Brilliant Contacts' / 'Congratulations Chris Holroyd' threads - that while the 'moaners' might be offering genuine concerns it comes across as the most miserable schaudenfreude that they (recently including you) can hardly be surprised you come in for criticism.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
He was good the season before last, Arab supporting mates have said that if we keep him fit he will score a lot for us. I like the way that Gus is building up a football playing team, all that nonsense about Shifty Cookie signing. He is a humph it and run player, the consumate anthesis of what Gus is about. I like a forward line of Bennet, Murray and The Sand Dancer.

Excited?
Moi?
Oui!

TNBA

TTF

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yet another FLAIR player joins the Albion. :clap:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Christ how many do we need !

Murray
Barnes
Sandanza
Holdroyd
Viking

thats exactly what i was thinking! Add Hart/Baz to that mix who can also play up top, AND the fact that we will often be playing only 1 up front then i would say we have plenty of strikers! ???

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
/QUOTE]

Texted my Dundee Utd mate, and he said he is good, but rarely fit. Guess that's the reason.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
/QUOTE]

Texted my Dundee Utd mate, and he said he is good, but rarely fit. Guess that's the reason.

If they are showing up well in the first 3 months then longer deals will be handed out i am sure, hardly a problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here