Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fracking in Sussex? Fracking Firm Test Drilling in Balcombe

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
op
"Fracking has been described by an eminent scientist as the most effective way to poison a population through it's water supply." ....really? whos that then ?

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Went up to the protest site today, what a fracking mess, just a load of stinky smelly hippies protesting for the sake of it.
Whilst chatting to the police, most of them just tour round eg Dale Farm, Hastings by-pass etc not there for the real reason....anti fracking.
They seem intent on making it difficult for the police by constantly winding them up, when lets be honest the police are only doing their job, they don't want to be there guarding a track to a field.
If it does kick off I might go back up and give the Bobbies a hand.

give us a bell!

Like four and twenty blackbirds in a pie. That pie being opened, a Tory at last.
The litany of spin shows no bounds; unlimited energy, harmless acids, minimal risk to aquifers, nimbys and other specious claptrap which smacks of demonising the poor.

Using 30,000 tonnes of water per well; this is a significant amount of water, but heh, we'll just gloss over this statistic produced by a Government Report, it won't matter to the coming generations....

Drill Baby Drill. Our clutter, your future.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Job shy? How do you know that?

The majority move from site to site living off benefits and free food provided whilst they protest. That chap called Sitting Bull is a prime example, they lost in Bexhill/Crowhurst and as if by magic turn up at the next protest. He was removed from the road protest in the winter because it was too cold and after spending the night in the warm was allow to go back to his hole. What on earth is that all about. Next thing he is at Balcome superglueing his hands together at the gates. No better than the pikies who destroy our recreation areas.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Brighton MP Caroline Lucas is there and prepared to be arrested for what she believes in! In this age of career politicians its great to see one who will stand up and be counted. Proud that this MP comes from Brighton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23751910

I'm far from a fan of the woman but good on her in this case !

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The majority move from site to site living off benefits and free food provided whilst they protest. That chap called Sitting Bull is a prime example, they lost in Bexhill/Crowhurst and as if by magic turn up at the next protest. He was removed from the road protest in the winter because it was too cold and after spending the night in the warm was allow to go back to his hole. What on earth is that all about. Next thing he is at Balcome superglueing his hands together at the gates. No better than the pikies who destroy our recreation areas.

There may well be those that do that, but there will always be people like Dougdeep tarring all the protesters with the same brush. Those from the county, those from elsewhere with genuine concerns about Fracking (or whatever). It's not HIS county to decide on who comes to protest or not. Bravo on (all of) them for standing up in something they believe in.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Apparently Caroline Lucas has just been arrested - good on her.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There may well be those that do that, but there will always be people like Dougdeep tarring all the protesters with the same brush. Those from the county, those from elsewhere with genuine concerns about Fracking (or whatever). It's not HIS county to decide on who comes to protest or not. Bravo on (all of) them for standing up in something they believe in.

I doubt there are more than a handful from Sussex and I doubt there are any from Balcombe. There is no fracking there nor ever likely to be so why should these people be disrupting a legal action by the drillers?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I doubt there are more than a handful from Sussex and I doubt there are any from Balcombe. There is no fracking there nor ever likely to be so why should these people be disrupting a legal action by the drillers?

Firstly you don't know that secondly people outside of a community can show solidarity to a belief and thirdly why do think they are exploring, just to look and say "oh yes there is shale gas move on." !?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Firstly you don't know that secondly people outside of a community can show solidarity to a belief and thirdly why do think they are exploring, just to look and say "oh yes there is shale gas move on." !?

They are drilling for oil. There are oil wells in Sussex.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

They're just drilling for fun, are they? You doubt there are any from Balcombe? 82% opposed fracking. I'm sure there will be plenty there. What do you base your doubts upon?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They're just drilling for fun, are they? You doubt there are any from Balcombe? 82% opposed fracking. I'm sure there will be plenty there. What do you base your doubts upon?

Those figures are false. 70% of villagers didn't bother to vote. I know a lot more about this than you sir so perhaps you could use real facts.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5893499 said:
Even by NSC standards that is a ridiculous comment :lolol:

It's true sir. Please feel free to prove me wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here