Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four League One games tonight

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Fair enough. It is not the numbers but the attitude of Southampton fans on here that bothers me.
Shame that you cannot see the age of the posters - I doubt many of the gloaters are over the age of 14 and its been a long time since they had anything to get excited about. Personally I would love SFC and BHA to get promoted together with a huge gap to the rest.....but everyone at the top just keeps winning.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Shame that you cannot see the age of the posters - I doubt many of the gloaters are over the age of 14 and its been a long time since they had anything to get excited about. Personally I would love SFC and BHA to get promoted together with a huge gap to the rest.....but everyone at the top just keeps winning.

That's a fair point. It just seems a bit pathetic and no doubt if Southampton don't win on Saturday they will have magically disappeared.

Have nothing against Southampton going up as it would be good to have some south coast derbies next season. Brighton, Saints and Bournemouth going up would be great.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
That's a fair point. It just seems a bit pathetic and no doubt if Southampton don't win on Saturday they will have magically disappeared.

Have nothing against Southampton going up as it would be good to have some south coast derbies next season. Brighton, Saints and Bournemouth going up would be great.
I'd prefer Saints, Brighton and Bournemouth :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Why accept second place? We are on top for a reason because we have been the better team so far to date! There is no reason why we cant win this league.

I'd love it if we won the league, but I remember coming second to Sunderland (87/88) and it really didn't matter. Promotion is the big prize and if over 46 games we achieve it I'll be more than satisfied. That's not to say I'm handing the title to anyone, but going up is the main thing for me.

buffs99

Brighton Forever
Oct 30, 2010
Brighton
I'd love it if we won the league, but I remember coming second to Sunderland (87/88) and it really didn't matter. Promotion is the big prize and if over 46 games we achieve it I'll be more than satisfied. That's not to say I'm handing the title to anyone, but going up is the main thing for me.

Going up is the main goal but still feel our destiny is in our own hands and i feel we will win this league, Southampton wont relish coming to the withdean no team has in the league this season.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Going up is the main goal but still feel our destiny is in our own hands and i feel we will win this league, Southampton wont relish coming to the withdean no team has in the league this season.

TBF we didn't relish going to Boundary park.

TJPM

Jan 11, 2011
Firstly I would like to apologise on behalf of Saints fans for the sheer arrogance being shown on here. I do have a theory why we are posting on here, due to the circumstances of the last 4 years its been a while since we've had these expectations and competition for a league title. I am not condoning it, just a theory as unfortunately every club has its number of tosser fans who probably spend their lives in barbour coats with a flat cap drinking stella and think they are still in the 70's and 80's. Please take the banter as flattery as you are the league leaders and after a terrible home result to Brentford we now find ourselves in this position.

Ignore the wank posts and continue to enjoy your brilliant season so far!! Brighton really have impressed me so far especially beating the skates and clearly you will achieve promotion.

The second half of the season will be interesting!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Merson was just asked "do you think soton can catch Brighton up". He replied "oh yeah, easily, easily, easy." He went on to say how the 2nd half of the season will be so much tougher for teams like Brighton. Personally I think Brighton will come second.

Whilst we are talking about Claridge today. Don't forget this pearl of wisdom from another "TOP PUNDIT" Paul Merson- mentioned only last month!

:flameboun:flameboun

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So who does Redneb think will come first?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
So who does Redneb think will come first?

Redneb was quoting Paul Merson, who made his mind up that Southamton had won the league that night!

edit. Actaully reading it again, I think you are right. Redneb does think we will come second!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
do you think if we go up champions, huddersfield second and Bournemouth in the playoffs, then redknob will f*** off on to another board....maybe a Southampton one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here