Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four League One games tonight

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think we have to forget about saints and just take advantage of the inconsistency of the rest.Having said that Afcb are hanging in there nicely and we need to get something there.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Merson was just asked "do you think soton can catch Brighton up". He replied "oh yeah, easily, easily, easy." He went on to say how the 2nd half of the season will be so much tougher for teams like Brighton. Personally I think Brighton will come second.

So what? Should we pass the title over to you because Paul Merson says so. What does he know? Can't believe you would actually use that to prove a point.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Merson was just asked "do you think soton can catch Brighton up". He replied "oh yeah, easily, easily, easy." He went on to say how the 2nd half of the season will be so much tougher for teams like Brighton. Personally I think Brighton will come second.

I imagine Merson is a league one expert and his word is gospel. You are still 3 points behind us having played one more game. Save your arrogance when and if you get to topspot. Until then please f*** off. You are a tedious bore.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You may well keep it chaps, what i'm saying is we are up and running under Nige now and we look a different kettle of fish to even 4 weeks ago. Those of you dismissing us, your mistaken. You have looked good for the top spot thus far, but surely you can feel us on the back of your necks now though? I can't make weekday away games, but did the fact that it took until the 80th minute (and being 0-6 down) until they got a shot on target? They had only conceded 11 goals at home all season.

I don't think any of us are dismissing you but we get bored of your fans coming on here gloating whenever you win and never showing your face when you lose. Banter is fine but all the Saints fans are on here to gloat, not contribute to the forum.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Did he say why it will be much tougher for us? And what is a 'team like Brighton'?

He said Saints have to much fire power for Brighton, the bloke should leave the cocaine alone as he's under the elusion that we'll be playing each other every week till the season ends.

buffs99

Brighton Forever
Oct 30, 2010
Brighton
At the end of the day all we have to do is concentrate on our own games and if we keep winning theres nothing the teams behind us can do about it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Second to who? Seriously though going up is the aim this season for us, winning the league is the cherry on top. I'd happily accept second place right now, but there is still over half a season to go.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
I don't think any of us are dismissing you but we get bored of your fans coming on here gloating whenever you win and never showing your face when you lose. Banter is fine but all the Saints fans are on here to gloat, not contribute to the forum.
To be honest they have to come on here because Latest News | SaintsWeb just keeps crashing because it cannot cope with the number of people trying to post on a match day - and you have to pay £5.00 for the privilege toboot. I am surprised there aren't more on here - at least it works.

Colinjb

Jan 11, 2011
Guys. I come in peace. I am a Saints fan but I just wanted to say, genuinely. Best of Luck for the rest of the season. It's brilliant to see the South cost clubs up there fighting for promotion.

May the best team prevail.... whoever it may be. Let's enjoy the ride together and look forward to hopefully having the chance of putting the Skates in their place next season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He said Saints have to much fire power for Brighton, the bloke should leave the cocaine alone as he's under the elusion that we'll be playing each other every week till the season ends.

Which is fine until you look at the League One top scorers list and see Murray above Lambert and Barnes above Barnard. Interesting!

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
To be honest they have to come on here because Latest News | SaintsWeb just keeps crashing because it cannot cope with the number of people trying to post on a match day - and you have to pay £5.00 for the privilege toboot. I am surprised there aren't more on here - at least it works.

...LOL and then just as I try to post that I get:
This website is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later.
Unfortunately there were no suitable nodes available to serve this request.

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
In any season where you are chasing promotion you will have nights like this where results in 3 or 4 fixtures go "against us". Southampton had a very impressive result today and are an excellent team, equally don't forget we had a simillarly impressive result at home to Orient (the only league defeat they have had recently), and perhaps an even more impressive result Charlton (given the quality of their players and league position at the time)

I firmly believe given a) the quality of coaching staff b) the quality of the football we are playing, without reliance on one "star" (unlike 01/02 with Zamora perhaps) and c) the probability that we will end the transfer window with a bigger and stronger squad than we had at the beginng, it would be a very brave person to predict us getting less than 85 points. The same could be said about Southampton. We may go up as champions (hopefully) we will very probably go up automatically, it is our results compared to Huddersfield and Bournemouth that are more significant IMHO.

buffs99

Brighton Forever
Oct 30, 2010
Brighton
Second to who? Seriously though going up is the aim this season for us, winning the league is the cherry on top. I'd happily accept second place right now, but there is still over half a season to go.

Why accept second place? We are on top for a reason because we have been the better team so far to date! There is no reason why we cant win this league.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Fair enough. It is not the numbers but the attitude of Southampton fans on here that bothers me.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Guys. I come in peace. I am a Saints fan but I just wanted to say, genuinely. Best of Luck for the rest of the season. It's brilliant to see the South cost clubs up there fighting for promotion.

May the best team prevail.... whoever it may be. Let's enjoy the ride together and look forward to hopefully having the chance of putting the Skates in their place next season.

That is so last week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here