Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four French players on trial at Albion

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
BensGrandad said:
I thought that DK said that the reason that the agents fees were so high was because they (the agents) had to buy the players out of their contracts. If that is the case why not sign players who are genuinely out of contract and avoid this fee, you would still possibly get the same quality of player.

Agreed, but the agents would still charge a large fee for their 'services', whatever it is they actually do.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
The fees were not extortionate considering the quality of player of Carole and Frutos. To suggest that we can easily pick players like this up for nothing is, frankly, ridiculous.

Rubbish, If the club acts early enough in the home transfer market and there are plenty of players on a free who are as good if not better than them.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
edna krabappel said:
I have it on good authority that one of the French players is a striker by the name of Jean-Jacques LeMerde, who is available on a free from his club Ferme-la-Bouche, in the French 4th Division.

LeMerde spent last season on loan at German semi-pro side Scheisseslautern, where he scored 6 goals in 41 starts(3 penalties), helping his club to the Good Effort award as they finished 17th.

Although there would be no transfer fee involved, LeMerde's agent Sylvain Tres-Shifty would require a six figure fee, to be paid in used notes, left in an Interpol letterbox just outside St Etienne and collected by a man in a beige trenchcoat known as The Singing Canary.

I can't help but think I detect a leck of seriousness (and possibly some sarcasm as well) in this post, but I can't be entirely sure.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Why do people constantly have to slag everything off.

We have four players on trial they may be godd they may be rubbish - we don't know, but what exactly is wrong with getting some players in to have a look at?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Voroshilov said:
Why do people constantly have to slag everything off.

We have four players on trial they may be godd they may be rubbish - we don't know, but what exactly is wrong with getting some players in to have a look at?

I agree - For once we are active early, would prefer home based players as Carole and Fruity seemed to dip in form after 20 games or so.

Just hope if they are not good enough one isnt signed for the sake of signing.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
I agree - For once we are active early, would prefer home based players as Carole and Fruity seemed to dip in form after 20 games or so.

We could be like AC Milan with the Dutch players (Van Basten, Gullit, Spitter), just with 3 frenchies and some homegrowns who will take us to glory!:clap:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kinky Gerbils said:

Everyones form dipped after 20 games or so. For them it was pretty much their first full season in football. I don't think it is anything to do with not being homegrown.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BarrelofFun said:
Everyones form dipped after 20 games or so. For them it was pretty much their first full season in football. I don't think it is anything to do with not being homegrown.

Sorry,yes that came over a bit wrong.

I ment they are not used to playing that amount of games.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kinky Gerbils said:
Sorry,yes that came over a bit wrong.

I ment they are not used to playing that amount of games.

Ah I see! I think that team last season must have been one of the most inexperienced of all the teams. Even with Butters and his 2,000 games.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BUTTERBALL said:
Please DON'T let the 'household name' forward be: Dublin, Shipperly or GNW!

Why? Do you think we can get anyone better?

Kinky Gerbils said:
Rubbish, If the club acts early enough in the home transfer market and there are plenty of players on a free who are as good if not better than them.

You mean, if we just act now, like, rather than have our finger in our arse, we can go out and get a player as good as, no, hold on, better than Seb Carole, for nothing on a free?

:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here