Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four French players on trial at Albion

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
London Irish said:
Good stuff - frankly, it's stunning that Seb Carole wasn't picked up by a bigger club than us and so if this agent knows any more talent of the like where he came from, let's have a look and quick.

seconded - well said

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Was El Turi's agent the same as Carole and Frutos? Bit of a mixed bag for me if so. If we can unearth another Fruity then that would be great. To be honest if the LB and CB are even half decent I would sign them on for cover while the Striker and Midfielder would have to be able to go straight into the team. Hopefully they will all also be about 23, 24 just coming into their prime but with a fair bit of experience.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Good stuff - frankly, it's stunning that Seb Carole wasn't picked up by a bigger club than us and so if this agent knows any more talent of the like where he came from, let's have a look and quick.

He was at West Ham and wasnt deemed good enough for them or Soton.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BensGrandad said:
According to DK when he left for Leeds West Ham offered EU600k for him!!

So West Ham offered 600k for a player that was available on a free?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Watch the Argie agent doesn't slip his brother-in-law, a sheet metal worker by trade, into the job lot of French players when nobody's looking. Cos stranger things have happened... :glare:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Was El Turi's agent the same as Carole and Frutos? Bit of a mixed bag for me if so. If we can unearth another Fruity then that would be great. To be honest if the LB and CB are even half decent I would sign them on for cover while the Striker and Midfielder would have to be able to go straight into the team. Hopefully they will all also be about 23, 24 just coming into their prime but with a fair bit of experience.

Not the same agent.

Well when the question was asked "do they have the same agent" the answer was "no".

That doesn't really answer whether "a single agent" was involved in the initial transfer, but the answer implied there wasn't.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
To be honest I would have loved to have got some money for Carole but I was not particularly sorry to see him go. I would rather have Reid on the right because I feel in terms of the team his play is much more productive. I hope next year we play more of a passing game because then we can really use passing and crossing attributes of Reid and Frutos, especially if we have a target man. It would be a damn sight better to watch to.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
clapham_gull said:
Not the same agent.

Well when the question was asked "do they have the same agent" the answer was "no".

That doesn't really answer whether "a single agent" was involved in the initial transfer, but the answer implied there wasn't.

That's a bit of a relief. Bring them on I say then.

BensGrandad said:
Provided we do not have to pay the same extortinate agents fees we did last time, which left us even more potless and eventually aided our relegation.

The fees were not extortionate considering the quality of player of Carole and Frutos. To suggest that we can easily pick players like this up for nothing is, frankly, ridiculous.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
BUTTERBALL said:
Maybe, we wanted him last season. Bit past it though and played in defence for last couple of seasons.
Played up front for Celtic and got pretty good reviews despite outcry over his signing. Would definitely do a job in League One. Probably wishful thinkinh but you never know. :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have it on good authority that one of the French players is a striker by the name of Jean-Jacques LeMerde, who is available on a free from his club Ferme-la-Bouche, in the French 4th Division.

LeMerde spent last season on loan at German semi-pro side Scheisseslautern, where he scored 6 goals in 41 starts(3 penalties), helping his club to the Good Effort award as they finished 17th.

Although there would be no transfer fee involved, LeMerde's agent Sylvain Tres-Shifty would require a six figure fee, to be paid in used notes, left in an Interpol letterbox just outside St Etienne and collected by a man in a beige trenchcoat known as The Singing Canary.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
The fees were not extortionate considering the quality of player of Carole and Frutos. To suggest that we can easily pick players like this up for nothing is, frankly, ridiculous.

I thought that DK said that the reason that the agents fees were so high was because they (the agents) had to buy the players out of their contracts. If that is the case why not sign players who are genuinely out of contract and avoid this fee, you would still possibly get the same quality of player.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well it all sounds promising to me. Some people start putting down players before they even get here.

_40190595_crow_pa.203jpg.jpg
_642900_300scargill.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here