Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four French players on trial at Albion

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
from next week see offical site and two possible bids for household named strikers. Magoo been watching les bleus too much:lolol:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
FOUR?

Hope we don't get CHEATS like Henry...although i'd probably take him...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Carole's agents knows where to make his cash doesn't he!
McGhee Targets Household Names

By Tim Dudding

Mark McGhee today told seagulls.co.uk that he is targeting two well-known strikers to boost his squad ahead of the new season in League One.

The Seagulls boss was speaking at the club's Falmer training ground, where the first-team squad had earlier reported back to begin their pre-season preparations.

McGhee has already made one new acquisition this summer, following the signing of prolific Braintree Town forward Alex Revell last week.

"We've got inquiries in for two strikers, one which we'd like to bring in," he said. "They're of a stature and a quality that the supporters will be happy and encouraged that we are serious about our intentions to get out of this division.

"The person we want to bring in to lead the line will be, at this level at least, a well known player, a household name if you like."

Oatway could miss another three months

Albion's preparations have suffered an early set-back, with the news that skipper Charlie Oatway could be out of action for up to a further three months after requiring more surgery on his ankle.

McGhee explained, "Charlie has had a bit of a set-back with his ankle which has resulted in him having a little bit of work done. He is likely to miss two, maybe three months, rather than two or three weeks.

"That's a big blow to us because we really wanted Charlie back as soon as possible.

"We missed him in games [last season] and his presence around the place is always very positive. It's a shame and it's a real pity for Charlie himself who is very disappointed by the set-back."

Another player missing from proceedings today was Seb Carole - the Frenchman joined Leeds during the close season - but McGhee revealed that the winger's agent has recommended four new French players, all of whom will join the squad on trial next week.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Normandy seagull said:
I have it on good authority that Franck Ribery is one of them
Well known in his own household.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good news but if they turn out to useful and one of them well known it's gonna be a sickener for the Magoo outers who'd probably rather we struggled than they were proved wrong about him???

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Why do people get excited about this sort of spin every summer?...

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

If we actually sign a househould proven goalscorer i would be so amazed that I'd actually buy ALAN (The Large One) a pint.

:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:
Why do people get excited about this sort of spin every summer?...

::

Because one day we will sign a decent striker, law of averages and all that and it's better than doom mongering :rolleyes:

I hear the two household name strikers are a goal machine from the Sussex County League Division 3 and a well-known Hungarian who scored twice in 50 games for Dynamo Budapest C, both of which are said to be "ones for the future".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
DAMANCLAY said:
I dont think we'll have the cash for him let alone afford his wage demands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here