Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FOUR bombers.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Eddie the Seagull said:
Out of interest, if the bombers had been caught alive would they have been tried for treason? & therefore hanged?

No, they would have been let loose in a couple of years as part of the next Good Friday Agreement! :censored:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
How do you know which white people are your friends and enemies?

you dont, they just dont blow you up (with a bomb that is):p

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
edna krabappel said:
Where to start?? :rolleyes:

Since when is Britain an exclusively Christian country? Why do you have any more right to live here than someone else who was born here? Why do you think it should be you who has the privilege of "inviting" someone into this country rather than the other way round?

You mentioned being in the UK for 44 years, well are we now judging people on how long they have lived here? In which case you beat me hands down my friend, as owing to my age, I've only been able to live in the UK for 28 years, so I take it that makes you more merit-worthy to judge other citizens than me? If I found a Muslim who was born here 50 years ago, would that give them the right to say to you "I didn't invite you here"?

Britain, thank God, is a free country, where, by and large, reasonable people are able to practice whatever religion they feel is right. What's wrong with that? To suggest that Muslims shouldn't be allowed into the country because 4 out of however many hundreds of thousands of followers set off those bombs is hysterical and ludicrous.

You know when you go to an away game as part of a large contingent of Albion fans, and the police and away club herd you like cattle, refuse to let you get on the right train, don't let you stray from the one designated path to the ground, ban you from all the local pubs, kebab shops etc? And this is all because one or two Albion fans have previously been arrested for hooligan behaviour? What do we do? We all feel upset and complain bitterly that we're being treated like shit because of the actions of a tiny, tiny minority.

I'd hazard a guess that's exactly how many British Muslims are feeling at the moment, so perhaps we should try and have a bit of compassion rather than tarring them ALL with the same brush.

A 17 year old white male in Brighton was jailed for rape today, but I don't hear anyone suggesting that all 17 year old white males should be locked up....

where do you start, indeed. i never mentioned that i was a christian for starters. i am not judging anyone on how long they have been in this country, it was you that mentioned that. according to other posters those 4 bombers will replaced by another 4 (born in england). we can all twist other peoples words and make out they said something else. as i mentioned earlier, if they weren't let in in the first place then maybe just maybe we wouldn't be in the predicament we are today. :smokin:

thanks gerbil, i like a good debate :lolol:

p.s. at least at a football match (at present) you are not likely to be blown up and that 17 year old deserves his porridge.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
hampden park said:
you dont, they just dont blow you up (with a bomb that is):p

The IRA had a go. Are you suggesting all catholics should be deported as well ?

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
e77 said:
The IRA had a go. Are you suggesting all catholics should be deported as well ?

ffs you lot make me laugh :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :angry:

i never mentioned christians and i never mentioned catholics. do you have an underlying problem you would like to air?

p.s. i dont have any irish connections. i dont know anyone who is connected with the IRA.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What' s all this about sending people back? FFS, the people suspected of the London bombings were born here; how do we send them British-born Muslims back? Stuff them back in their mothers' womb?

And for the person who asked the question about hanging: no, the death sentence for treason was abolished a few years ago (in 1997 I think).

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Gwylan said:
And for the person who asked the question about hanging: no, the death sentence for treason was abolished a few years ago (in 1997 I think).

We had a discussion about this at work today. We thought the death sentence remained until 1997 only for high treason (murder, attempted murder, or rape of the monarch) or piracy.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
We had a discussion about this at work today. We thought the death sentence remained until 1997 only for high treason (murder, attempted murder, or rape of the monarch) or piracy.
Death sentence for running some pirate software seems a bit harsh.....i can see why it was abolished:lolol:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
We can start by rounding up people like that twat Bakhri who do nothing but spread anti western bile,and ponse off the state at the same time.

FFS it took us long enough to get rid of Hamza and that was only because the Americans got involved.

Or is this idea too radical for all the PC crew to accept?:angry:

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
gerbil said:
We can start by rounding up people like that twat Bakhri who do nothing but spread anti western bile,and ponse off the state at the same time.

FFS it took us long enough to get rid of Hamza and that was only because the Americans got involved.

Or is this idea too radical for all the PC crew to accept?:angry:

Interesting programme last night.

Suggested that the relative lenacy we have shown to individuals with radical views as actually led to us being less of a target than other countries.

In purely sensible and strategic terms (not political correctness), I'm not sure that such a "crack down" is a good move at the moment.

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
It's just been on the news that the government are instigating a "fast track" deportation policy for radical clerics.

Personally I think they should've done this years ago.Maybe we wouldn't be in this position now if they had.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
hampden park said:
ffs you lot make me laugh :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :angry:

i never mentioned christians and i never mentioned catholics. do you have an underlying problem you would like to air?

p.s. i dont have any irish connections. i dont know anyone who is connected with the IRA.

You seem quite happy to tar all muslims with the same brush but not extend the logic to any other groups. Most groups have their extreme wing, but the overwhelmingly moderate majority shouldn't be judged by them.

I am not the one suggesting mass deportations, so might I suggest you look a bit closer to home for the 'problem'.

As I said in a post on another thread somewhere ...

Last Wednesday we celebrated London winning the 2012 Olympics, a feat that was achieved because London is the most multi-cultural city in the world.

Nothing that happened on Thursday has changed that.

In the aftermath of the bombings, we should be very careful not to throw away the very thing that we (and the rest of the world) believe to be our strength.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here