Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster "thrown" off team bus...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think his contract expires on 30th june. I know NF wants to play for the club and will always do as he is asked. He wants to play in every match. Forster suffered two cruicate injuries once at birmingham and once at reading and lost out on virtually 2 seasons of football. He is as hungry as ever and wants to play at Falmar and is as fit as ever.

I want Forster to stay but if he is so desperate to remain a Brighton player and play at Falmer he really is not going about it the right way. Surely if he wants to stay he would do all he can for the club until the end of the season and then review the situation. Coincidentally, this is also most likely to secure him a move to another club if he does not get an offer from us.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Gus Poyet is the Manager. His job is to coach and pick the team to get the results his bosses Tony Bloom and the Directors require. His job depends on it.
He is not the Manager of a debating society, and as the best Manager the game has ever seen said." We have a chat about it, and then we decide I am right."
The more discipline Gus can bring the better for all. There is not enough of it around now days.

Indeed. Let's see. FA Cup winning International Footballer vs Journeyman Big Fish In Little Pond? I know who I'm backing.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
foster didnt hand in a request today but when he turned up at the pick up point was told not to travel no doubt all the bum lickers will have a different view
this is a man trying to sort his future out out and deserves a new contract

No, he didn't hand in a request today.

BUT, they're are ways, and they're are ways of negotiating a new contract.

Getting your agent to release a statement to SSN on a Friday lunchtime is not the way to do it.

The club may have offered him a year, he wants two, but at 36 it works both ways. Take a year now, then at this time next year look talk about the following year.

Piss poor both sides.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Again, when did I say that Forster was having an affair?

Neither if them are 'Model Professionals' and that is the ONLY comparison that Im making!!

YOUR the one who has decided that Im comparing the two players on/off field shenanigans!!!

But hey, if The Sun can compare him to Ronaldo then why shouldnt you be allowed to compare him to Terry?

Great backtracking now young man.

By the way, what did The Sun say?!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just checked and on his profile Spank has a different birth date to Nicky Forster, so I don't think it is him! Otherwise I would have wondered....

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Just checked and on his profile Spank has a different birth date to Nicky Forster, so I don't think it is him! Otherwise I would have wondered....

He's my older brother, what of it?!

Wow you must be having a good night - checking people's profiles!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He's my older brother, what of it?!

Wow you must be having a good night - checking people's profiles!

Not my best night, snowed in in Washington DC, with 2-3 foot of snow outside a hotel and no flights out - have had better

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Not my best night, snowed in in Washington DC, with 2-3 foot of snow outside a hotel and no flights out - have had better

Oh ok I let you off! And more snow to come there I believe?

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
More snow on Tuesday, should be some flights tomorrow if there is any way to get to the airport!

Best of luck then.

Well apparently there's snow heading to Sussex in the next few days too - we're all in a grip of mild panic/excitement as usual.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
What ever the truth is, I can't forgive Forster for doing this on the day before a really, really important game for the Albion!

Model player? No! I fear he's burnt his bridges! Shame BUT Nicky, the club is more important than you! Bye and thanks for the goals!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I do feel bad for the older pros at this club - Forster, Hart and Kuipers who have spent years playing for us in shit conditions at Withdean and who will probably be lucky to get a season at Falmer.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I do feel bad for the older pros at this club - Forster, Hart and Kuipers who have spent years playing for us in shit conditions at Withdean and who will probably be lucky to get a season at Falmer.

Lucky to be proffesional footballers, imo. :cry:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If he did hand his transfer request in on the team bus then he can f*** off as far as I'm concerned, NOBODY is bigger than the club.

I agree however that is life. The thing is certain posters are using the "older pros" card quite a lot to justify Forster leaving, for getting he is a key part in the team and a loyal servant/club captain.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I won't be judging Nicky Forster until, and not a moment before, I've heard what Richie Morris has to say on the matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here