Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster "thrown" off team bus...

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Wow Spank, 30 odd posts in five years and now this. Certainly seems to have rattled your cage.

Yeah was wandering when someone would pick up on that!!

OK fair enough, don't normally post on here, but this is definitely something that gets my goat - people posting crap, rumour and hearsay. 'My mate said this', 'I've heard that', 'apparently he's this'.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ha ha this makes me laugh. Brighton are f***ing clueless when it comes to contracts... how many times do players have to come out against the club before people actually realise its the club not the players being pricks?

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
If this is true then Poyet has IMHO done exactly the right thing. Forster/his agents action are beginning to stink to high heaven.

foster didnt hand in a request today but when he turned up at the pick up point was told not to travel no doubt all the bum lickers will have a different view
this is a man trying to sort his future out out and deserves a new contract

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Yeah was wandering when someone would pick up on that!!

OK fair enough, don't normally post on here, but this is definitely something that gets my goat - people posting crap, rumour and hearsay. 'My mate said this', 'I've heard that', 'apparently he's this'.

If you responded every time someone posted crap on here you would have a post count of several thousand!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Ha ha this makes me laugh. Brighton are f***ing clueless when it comes to contracts... how many times do players have to come out against the club before people actually realise its the club not the players being pricks?

When this collective group of overpaid and under-performing players, realise that some of their shocking individual errors have meant that, consistently for the 3 out of the last 4 seasons, we have not known which league we will be in until the end of the season.

If Brighton were at this present moment, flirting with the play-offs, you can bet your bottom dollar, that NONE of the players whose contracts are up, would be beating down the Boards door for a new contract at league 1 wages. They would all happily wait until the end of the season, and if successful, bleed the club dry with exhorbitant contract demands.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
When did I say it was on a par??

Ive heard from a few dffrent sources that Forster lets his opinions on players and managers known around the place, people on here have said that he had a fair amount to do with the sacking of ceratain managers!

This is, quite simply, the biggest load of crap on here, that I have ever read.
You should be ashamed of yourself for letting your standards slip so low. Jumping on the ' lets stick the knife into Nicky, while we've got the chance ' bandwagon, is sickening.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
When this collective group of overpaid and under-performing players, realise that some of their shocking individual errors have meant that, consistently for the 3 out of the last 4 seasons, we have not known which league we will be in until the end of the season.

If Brighton were at this present moment, flirting with the play-offs, you can bet your bottom dollar, that NONE of the players whose contracts are up, would be beating down the Boards door for a new contract at league 1 wages. They would all happily wait until the end of the season, and if successful, bleed the club dry with exhorbitant contract demands.

one of the only players that has done well this season you are treating like a **** :D

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
one of the only players that has done well this season you are treating like a **** :D

As far as I,m aware, Forster has (himself) signed a contract to play for the Albion until 31st July 2010. That is still, almost 6 months way...?

Just out of interest, for those of you on here who sign employment contracts, do you throw your toys out of the pram and disrupt the harmony of your company, if another lucrative contract has not been offered 6 MONTHS before the expiry of your existing one...?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
As far as I,m aware, Forster has (himself) signed a contract to play for the Albion until 31st July 2010. That is still, almost 6 months way...?

Just out of interest, for those of you on here who sign employment contracts, do you throw your toys out of the pram and disrupt the harmony of your company, if another lucrative contract has not been offered 6 MONTHS before the expiry of your existing one...?

and well within his contract rights he can talk to other clubs.... he clearly wants another contract with brighton thus the argument.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
and well within his contract rights he can talk to other clubs.... he clearly wants another contract with brighton thus the argument.

I know he can talk to other clubs.....we all know that.

But why the incredibly disruptive way he has gone about this.......? He is no different to any other ex-prem player....thoughtless, selfish...........and on another planet to supporters of the club.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Nope, he just wants a contract. He isn't stupid, has got himself in the press to alert other.clubs. Not that I blame him and not that I blame Poyet's reaction either.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I personally would have given Forster a contract by now but if Poyet doesn't want to then that is his choice. Forster's reaction, if what is being said is true, is an absolute disgrace and has undone a lot of the hard work he has put in over the past 2 and a half years. If he had any sense he would knuckle down and try to earn a contract from us or someone else next season.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I personally would have given Forster a contract by now but if Poyet doesn't want to then that is his choice. Forster's reaction, if what is being said is true, is an absolute disgrace and has undone a lot of the hard work he has put in over the past 2 and a half years. If he had any sense he would knuckle down and try to earn a contract from us or someone else next season.

We know he is good enough for this league, He knows he is, what you expect?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Oh ok, you didn't say 'on a par'. You did however ask how it makes him 'any more of a model professional than John Terry?' Pretty similar I think.

So what if your 'sources' say he gives his opinions on players and managers? He doesn't do it in public does he?

And by the way, people on here say a lot of things fella.

Your right, people do say alot of things on here, doesnt mean its all rubbish! And it doesnt matter if he says things in public or not, the fact he says it means he isnt a model professional!

John Terry didnt have an affair in public, its only because he is more 'high profile' than Forster that put it in the tabloids!!

Im not saying that we should get rid of him, far from it. I think he is a very important player fo us and should get another year. I was commeting on the 'model professional' comment, fella.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
This is, quite simply, the biggest load of crap on here, that I have ever read.
You should be ashamed of yourself for letting your standards slip so low. Jumping on the ' lets stick the knife into Nicky, while we've got the chance ' bandwagon, is sickening.

Im not 'sticking the knife in' to anyone!!

All I said was that he isnt a model pro and then spank got all arsey about it so I pointed out why!

I like Forster and I want him to get another year!!

seagull 58

Aug 18, 2009

I think his contract expires on 30th june. I know NF wants to play for the club and will always do as he is asked. He wants to play in every match. Forster suffered two cruicate injuries once at birmingham and once at reading and lost out on virtually 2 seasons of football. He is as hungry as ever and wants to play at Falmar and is as fit as ever.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Your right, people do say alot of things on here, doesnt mean its all rubbish! And it doesnt matter if he says things in public or not, the fact he says it means he isnt a model professional!

John Terry didnt have an affair in public, its only because he is more 'high profile' than Forster that put it in the tabloids!!

Im not saying that we should get rid of him, far from it. I think he is a very important player fo us and should get another year. I was commeting on the 'model professional' comment, fella.

Christ, so Forster is having an affair too then?! The Argus are going to have a field day.

We all know you weren't saying we should get rid of him, that's not the issue with your post.

Even if he's not a 'model professional', you're making absurd comparisons with Nicky Forster's contract dispute and John Terry's crazy off-field shenanigans.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Christ, so Forster is having an affair too then?! The Argus are going to have a field day.

We all know you weren't saying we should get rid of him, that's not the issue with your post.

Even if he's not a 'model professional', you're making absurd comparisons with Nicky Forster's contract dispute and John Terry's crazy off-field shenanigans.

Again, when did I say that Forster was having an affair?

Neither if them are 'Model Professionals' and that is the ONLY comparison that Im making!!

YOUR the one who has decided that Im comparing the two players on/off field shenanigans!!!

But hey, if The Sun can compare him to Ronaldo then why shouldnt you be allowed to compare him to Terry?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here