Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster "thrown" off team bus...

Anyone heard that rumor? Received a text from a mate who said he had been chucked off and that's about all I know really, does seems slightly hard to believe although id did count 6 subs today, as opposed to the allowed 7.

Maybe things came to a head this morning between Poyet and Forster but from what I can see, it is a real shambles, a monumental cock up. Anyone else hear anything?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Posted on here by someone earlier -

Because he handed a written transfer request to GP at the meet up at the service station today. GP told him he wouldn't travel on the coach and they left without him. According to mate who witnessed it. So don't expect him to be back in the stripes anytime soon!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Yes,calling in at 'New Madras' Indian curry house just off Purley Way. Been a few time myself,when 'back home' Not a bad choice.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Time somebody knocked these stupid fucks heads together. Tony Bloom needs to sort this kind of crap out before we drift aimlessly into one league away from the Conference.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
not so much thrown off the bus then as not allowed on it................

if he really did hand Poyet a transfer request on the way to the match it's none too surprising

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
From Poyets post match interview, it does sound like they have had a bit of a bust up.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
I have a mate who works in the club, he confirmed told me this had happened. :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
subs today:

brez
tunni
hart
holroyd
cox
carole
hoyte

7 subs. so if he isnt in the squad, why would he be on the team coach? ???

why, having stirred it up enough and made his point, would he submit a redundant written request?

Stumpy Tim

I have a feeling there's more to this than meets the eye. Forster has been a model professional for the past 2 1/2 years, but now he's suddenly acting like a child. If he was told he wasn't getting a new contract then I would have thought he would be getting his head down trying to get in the shop window for next season... I fail to see how this behaviour is increasing his chance of getting a new club next season.

Sounds to me like Poyet & Forster have been arguing for longer than we know about

subs today:

brez
tunni
hart
holroyd
cox
carole
hoyte

After double checking obviously as you have stated above there were 7 subs. So what I can gather so far is that Forster has turned up, as he was in the original squad on Thursday, found out he is not in the squad and has been replaced by Hart which is where the "thrown" off story has come from.

Obviously this isn't certain however this seems the wrong way to go about things.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Gus Poyet is the Manager. His job is to coach and pick the team to get the results his bosses Tony Bloom and the Directors require. His job depends on it.
He is not the Manager of a debating society, and as the best Manager the game has ever seen said." We have a chat about it, and then we decide I am right."
The more discipline Gus can bring the better for all. There is not enough of it around now days.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have a feeling there's more to this than meets the eye. Forster has been a model professional for the past 2 1/2 years, but now he's suddenly acting like a child. If he was told he wasn't getting a new contract then I would have thought he would be getting his head down trying to get in the shop window for next season... I fail to see how this behaviour is increasing his chance of getting a new club next season.

Sounds to me like Poyet & Forster have been arguing for longer than we know about

I agree, Forster is a model professional. THis is completely out of character, and therefore I suspect it is the culmination of a running problem. However I think it is more likely with the club and the way it handles contract negotiations more than Poyet. He has seen several colleagues and friends done over in previous years and not given the respect they deserve and perhaps now it's his turn he wants to make a stand. The way it has come out is not good and reflects badly on him but none of us know the background and therefore how can we really judge.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Just out of intrest why does arguing with the officials all the time, diving (which has been described on here as cheating) and bad mouthing his teammates and manager make him any more of a model professional than John Terry?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Forster had a less than solid respect for Wilkins (the south stand regularly heard him debating instructions from those on the bench (inlcuding Booker and White too) but it cannot be claimed he didn't deliver for the Albion.

I don't buy the seen people done over in the past argument as it's a new board now - unless of course the cause of the issue is still involved in negotiations?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here