Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster - past it?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
:D
smiley_fishing.gif

relax people. you are talking about a 35? year old man who has been asked run and sprint up to 12 miles a day for 4-5 weeks to get fit for the new season. he's not going to be at his sharpest for another 6 weeks at least and that includes the first 4-5 games of the season as well. i know it sounds silly but as you get older you realise that pre-season games are just about fitness and you use them to get back in practice. f*** the results. YOU try playing a game after running 12 miles the day before. not easy

You try getting £20 for an aged 1st Division player on eBay, it's not easy :rant:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No way that was 'fishing' Whingerer, it was down to your regular standards as ever. Don't try denying it you sad wanker.

I'd have thought somebody would have picked up on me criticising Forster for moaning too much....

Of course one friendly doesn't mean he's past it. He was utterly SHIT for the first 8 games or so of last season anyway, so to judge from his second pre-season game would be silly.

I don't think he'll be good as he was last year (look at the way he finished last season, he's age is clearly taking its toll), but you don't become a bad player overnight.

:thumbsup:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Absolutely ridiculous, how can you even suggest that after a pre-season friendly. People just look to scrutinise for the sake of it sometimes I think.

Not one of us has any idea how Forster will do this season, all we can do is wait and see, but writing him off after a game where he's not going to give 100% as it's a friendly is certainly not fair. He may well turn out to be past it, or he could end up getting us about 20 goals, only during the course of the season can anyone make pointless comments like that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont care if he doesnt score as many gioals as he did lasty season provided he helps Glen Murray get near Bobby Zamora and Gary Nelsons figures because I am sure that others will also chip in with some, so the prospects for the season are looking rosy. I would be happy with Murray 25 - 30 Forster 10 - 15 and 2 or 3 midfielders 10 + oh and 30 clean sheets.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I dont care if he doesnt score as many gioals as he did lasty season provided he helps Glen Murray get near Bobby Zamora and Gary Nelsons figures because I am sure that others will also chip in with some, so the prospects for the season are looking rosy. I would be happy with Murray 25 - 30 Forster 10 - 15 and 2 or 3 midfielders 10 + oh and 30 clean sheets.

Setting the bar a bit low aren't you :lolol:

Saying that i reckon it is possible except for the 30 clean sheets

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I hope that you are wrong Ernerst because if Dixon is the future it doesnt bode well. My initial reaction is that Aldershot mugged us by charging us £55k for Dixon, but I hope that I am proved wrong.

Was he really £55k?? I would of guessed £5k!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
WW wants to be apprenticed to Ernest

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
theres a good photo on the back of the Argus with a caption saying Forster fails to get on the end of Murrays cross.

I looked at it and thought Forster had put on some weight over the summer, then when you look at the photo properly its actually Colin Hawkin on the end of the cross

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
theres a good photo on the back of the Argus with a caption saying Forster fails to get on the end of Murrays cross.

I looked at it and thought Forster had put on some weight over the summer, then when you look at the photo properly its actually Colin Hawkin on the end of the cross

Why should the paper printing the wrong name on a picture matter when it doesnt suit the argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here