Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster - past it?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
relax people. you are talking about a 35? year old man who has been asked run and sprint up to 12 miles a day for 4-5 weeks to get fit for the new season. he's not going to be at his sharpest for another 6 weeks at least and that includes the first 4-5 games of the season as well. i know it sounds silly but as you get older you realise that pre-season games are just about fitness and you use them to get back in practice. f*** the results. YOU try playing a game after running 12 miles the day before. not easy

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Which Worthing game were YOU at? I thought he played pretty well, albeit a bit rusty but that's to be expected.

:shootself

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
or too busy pissing himself at you mugs biting
There lies the answer I would have thought.

NO ONE can expect Forster to start firing on all cylinders, wasn't the best today but dont really expect him to be at his best until the end of August - much like last year.

relax people. you are talking about a 35? year old man who has been asked run and sprint up to 12 miles a day for 4-5 weeks to get fit for the new season. he's not going to be at his sharpest for another 6 weeks at least and that includes the first 4-5 games of the season as well. i know it sounds silly but as you get older you realise that pre-season games are just about fitness and you use them to get back in practice. f*** the results. YOU try playing a game after running 12 miles the day before. not easy

Albion fans would boo and moan at Berbatov for looking too languid, until he was sold for £100,000 with his confidence and love of the game shattered.

Well - Withdean Whinger would, anyway.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Thank you Race......some common sense at last:thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Cheers Guy, sense at last.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sadly, I think you've got your Dixon's mixed up there! :lolol:

by my reckoning kerry must be 50+ by now....could probably still do a better job:down:

seriously if Jonny has the basic talent (and Lloyd reckoned he had) he will come good. Just give him time to make the transition and maybe farm out on loan to help build confidence:)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
reasonably good windup thread, i'll give it 6/10 for the haul it caught.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

Thanks Guy

But any football fan who takes any notice of the original post on this thread must be pretty stupid and WW a absolute numpty for writing such crap to be honest!

Its a friendly just a fortnight into pre-season FFS. Even Micky said before the game that he's not looking for sharpness yet, it was just about the team getting an early feel for a match.
-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here