Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Formula 1 : Who Do You Think Will Win The 2010 Title?

WINNER

• Total voters

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
It’s strange the team orders thing, a few races ago when Button was still in the title race Hamilton had a gearbox problem and let him pass. Did Hamilton have a new gearbox next race NO so did the problem disappear as quickly as it arrived or was it team orders disguised.

Noldi

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Alonso has been the best driver so far, but Red Bull have the best car. The fact that they also have two drivers still in the hunt is a double-edged sword; if one of them was out of contention they could make Alonso's life really difficult, driving defensively OR taking risks.

Hypothetically, if Vettel had a coming together with Alonso and took him out I'm sure Horner, Webber and Newey would be very pleased. Ferrari already have 7 points gained dishonestly, so they're "due" to lose some points by fair means or foul.

However, the fact that both Red Bull drivers are in contention might mean they'll be wary of getting hit, and that together with the fact neither have won a World Championship whereas Alonso's won a couple could be a big factor.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I would love it, love it I tells yer, if Red Bull ordered Vettel to make way for Webber resulting in Webber winning the title. Then just listen to Alonso start bleating about team orders.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
By that logic, is Drogba English now then, and Messi Spanish?

They went to their respective countries to further their careers. Considering McLaren is based in the UK why do you think Hamilton went to Switzerland??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They went to their respective countries to further their careers. Considering McLaren is based in the UK why do you think Hamilton went to Switzerland??

The same reason that anyone on here earning similar amounts of money would consider. Greeneye is not an attractive attribute

Button and Coulthard also live abroad but nobody mentions that, wonder why?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
It’s strange the team orders thing, a few races ago when Button was still in the title race Hamilton had a gearbox problem and let him pass. Did Hamilton have a new gearbox next race NO so did the problem disappear as quickly as it arrived or was it team orders disguised.

Noldi

Hamilton did have a gearbox next race. From the engine note you could tell that he couldn't select a gear, I think it was fourth or third. Plus why would McLaren want Button to finish ahead of Hamilton? Hamilton has had more points than Button since about Canada onwards.

Robski

Oct 6, 2010
Worthing
By my own calculations (therefore, it could be wrong) that would leave all 3 drivers on 256 points! presumably it then goes to race wins, which would see Vettel and Alonso tied on 5, and Webber on 4. Not sure what they have as a decider after that (2nd places?) or indeed who wins it, but that would be too close for Vettel to hand the title over to Webber IMHO.

Does the team they drive for begin with 'F' and end with 'errari'

I'd love to see Webber win it but really can't see Alonso :flounce: losing out, and Red Bull seem to favour Vettel to the point where they would rather he finish on more points than Webber, even at the expense of a driver's World Championship.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Alonso - fast, good car BUT self-centred, flaky when challenged.

Webber - quite fast, fast car BUT paranoid, thinks he's the best, but fears he isn't when wheel-to-wheel.

Vettel - fast, fast car, relaxed BUT slightly naive, can't quite believe how ruthless the opposition can be - inside or outside his team.

Hamilton - the best, analytic BUT car not quite tops, has to win AND the other three to fight like cats in a sack, so ending up in the ditch.

I think the other three are quite capable of losing, if Hamilton rattles them with good starting position and good start, while he remains cool.

Surprised nobody - at the moment - has given a vote to Vettel. All four are capable of winning this last race, and winning or losing the Championship will be determined by tiny margins of difference.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The same reason that anyone on here earning similar amounts of money would consider. Greeneye is not an attractive attribute

Button and Coulthard also live abroad but nobody mentions that, wonder why?

I think exactly the same of them, everyone can go on about footballers being greedy but at least they have to work hard to do what they do and pay their taxes (of course they try to pay as little as possible through image rights, offshore accounts etc but it's still a high proportion of what they earn).

Sorry I just can't stand him, his general attitude and the fact our taxes have helped him get where he is and then he swans off to Switzerland at the age of 20 to keep all of his mega millions to himself, but he's British so I am supposed to love him.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry I just can't stand him, his general attitude and the fact our taxes have helped him get where he is and then he swans off to Switzerland at the age of 20 to keep all of his mega millions to himself, but he's British so I am supposed to love him.

Fair enough, but what taxes of yours have gone toward Lewis Hamilton's career. I'm intrigued.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Alonso will win it I think

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Fair enough, but what taxes of yours have gone toward Lewis Hamilton's career. I'm intrigued.

Nothing, it's not just his career though. I am pretty sure he went to a normal comprehensive school, so his education was funded through the state. Also his brother has cerebal pausey, I bet he's received NHS treatment and help for that.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I think exactly the same of them, everyone can go on about footballers being greedy but at least they have to work hard to do what they do...

yeah but they dont face DEATH at 200mph every other weekend do they :thumbsup:

Face it, if you're rich enough to avoid taxes by living abroad (and having the lifestyle to do so, no kids for example) YOU would do the same thing....if not then you're an idiot! Most British F1 drivers have got or had 2nd homes in Moncao where they could avoid taxes exactly the same as what Lewis has done.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think exactly the same of them, everyone can go on about footballers being greedy but at least they have to work hard to do what they do and pay their taxes (of course they try to pay as little as possible through image rights, offshore accounts etc but it's still a high proportion of what they earn).

I think F1 drivers work every bit as hard as a footballer. The fitness levels of the drivers are phenomenal, they have to be to deal with the g-forces, let alone the temperatures. I've sat in my lounge for 2 hours watching a race and looked more sweaty by the end than Lewis who has spent 2 hours driver the hell out of a car in 35 degree heat!

As for footballers paying tax, plenty use the offshore image rights route, and basically they go into contract negotiations telling clubs what they want "NET", and it's the clubs problem from there.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nothing, it's not just his career though. I am pretty sure he went to a normal comprehensive school, so his education was funded through the state. Also his brother has cerebal pausey, I bet he's received NHS treatment and help for that.

We'll have to agree to differ, he is not responsible for his brother needing help and I'm pretty sure he will have paid a fair whack in taxes before he left. I have far more time for someone who puts their life on the line, and he seems to do it with more gusto than most, than I have for Premier League footballers. He can also string a sentence together coherently and as far as I'm aware has avoided the sex and drug scandals that so many of your football heroes seem to get themselves into every weekend. In short he is a far better role model than most top English footballers :shrug:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think Alonso will win but would rather it was Webber.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Alonso will unfortunately, but if Hamilton doesn't win, i would prefer Webber than either of the other two

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gonna need a miracle

Well .....

let's take a scenario whereby Alonso is a DNF, and the Ferraris were having some problems with the engine in Brazil, so not out of the question, quite apart from a coming together at the first corner.

That will probably leave Webber and Vettel out in front racing for the title. No team orders, no construction points to worry about, and in Vettels case, no ability to drive when overtaking moves are taking place.

As long as Hamilton can be safely following them around in third, and Alonso out of the race then I will be on the edge of my seat waiting for some banzai over-taking move that takes both Red Bulls out.

How funny would that be?

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here