Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Formula 1 : Who Do You Think Will Win The 2010 Title?

WINNER

• Total voters

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Some have dubbed it the best championship in 60 years, 1 race left, 4 contenders, only one winner.

Who do you think will take it, in what at present could be a WET* race in the middle of the desert. *well it's raining at the moment.

abudhabicircuit_2009.jpg

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Depends whether Red Bull finally decide on team orders, if they do then Webber should win, if not Alonso

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I really really hope the COCK* doesn't win it.

*Alonso

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't see beyond Alonso, Hamilton has no chance and has descended to whinging all through the race rather than just accepting his car isn't up to it and getting on with it.. Vettell or Webber should win it but how many chnaces do they need?

The best driver is definitely Alsono imo and as long as Schumi " no 1 finger shaking" mark 2 doesn't win it I'll be happy.

I think Alonso will do it. Him and Hamilton are the best drivers around at the moment, but Alonso has a much better car (and is on much better form). It's absolutely incredible that Red Bull haven't managed to get this sown up, and I think a decent share of the blame for that has to fall on Vettel's shoulders, as the man that has the full backing of the team. What Webber has achieved, despite how likeable he is, has really been down to the car, although he's shown great mental fortitude to perform in spite of his team's obvious allegiance to the other driver.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Anyone but Alonso, Given the team orders debacle it would leave a sour note if he went on & won the whole thing.

I'd like Vettel to win it but Webber has a better chance than him

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Well it's not going to be Switzerlands very own Lewis Hamilton.

:clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone but Alonso, Given the team orders debacle it would leave a sour note if he went on & won the whole thing.

So in the very unlikely event that Webber, Vettell and Alonso failed to finish and Jenson Button was leading you would be really pissed off and affronted if he moved over and let Hamilton through to win and take the title?

Please don't say that it's different because in the big picture it's exactly the same. Teams have always had and always will have team orders, get over it. At what stage of the season you decide to use them is irrelevant.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Time and Time again the winner is the one that the team has got behind at the expense of 2 team mates scrabbling. Raikonnen beating Alonso and Hamilton, Prost doing the same to Piquet and Mansell. I see Alonso in that bracket this weekend although I would dearly love to see Webber win it and might even watch it from his boozer on Sunday.

My crystal ball says Vettell to have a mysteriously bad race and Webber to lose by a point after winning the race on Sunday with Alonso in 2nd and Vettel nowhere.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If not Hamilton then Webber. O! and the one on the left. :love:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
So in the very unlikely event that Webber, Vettell and Alonso failed to finish and Jenson Button was leading you would be really pissed off and affronted if he moved over and let Hamilton through to win and take the title?

Please don't say that it's different because in the big picture it's exactly the same. Teams have always had and always will have team orders, get over it. At what stage of the season you decide to use them is irrelevant.

I don't particularly disagree BUT the reason why the team orders rules were introduced was because Schumacher blatently took the piss when he let Barrichello through in around 2002

The FIA then introduces the team orders rule and who is first team to blatently takes the piss. Yep Ferrari again. (I know other teams have done it but they develop fuel saving or brake problem radio calls). It's the bollocks to the rules way they go about things that upsets the masses

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

The irony of course is that if Vettel is leading Webber round, then Webber may win it courtesy of team orders himself if Vettel let's him pass.

The interesting scenario is if they are trailing round ...
Vettel - 1st
Webber - 2nd
Alonso - 5th.

By my own calculations (therefore, it could be wrong) that would leave all 3 drivers on 256 points! presumably it then goes to race wins, which would see Vettel and Alonso tied on 5, and Webber on 4. Not sure what they have as a decider after that (2nd places?) or indeed who wins it, but that would be too close for Vettel to hand the title over to Webber IMHO.

This race could be fascinating.

I'm hoping for Alonso to have a mechanical failure and be out of the race. Then with Vettel and Webber fighting for the title, they could well collide, taking them both out and we see Hamilton sail through and win the title in a car that has been inferior to the Red Bull for the entire season, and the Ferrari for most of it.

COME ON!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here