Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Former World Cup star playing at the AMEX?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
get a grip the lot of yer,crack me up thinking we could afford the likes of owen,wake up and smell the coffee:wrong::US:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
get a grip the lot of yer,crack me up thinking we could afford the likes of owen,wake up and smell the coffee:wrong::US:

Why not...????...Ok here is Owen options, go to a Villa, Blackburn etc and play mid table/relegation football in the prem. Go to America maybe and earn a shedload of dosh. Take a challenge and play championship football in a competitive side.....If money is not a motivation as he is already loaded, what would you choose.?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
he might be loades,but he wouldnt drop down to 13 grand a week,and he wouldnt come to the south coast

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
he might be loades,but he wouldnt drop down to 13 grand a week,and he wouldnt come to the south coast

It wouldn't necessarily be a drop in wages - I understand he is on a play-as-a-play deal at United. Having said that, I don't believe for a second he'll be heading this far south.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It is unlikely and certainly not 2-1 odds wtf? but as others have said, how many shirts do you think we will sell with Owen on? I'd say loads.

How much more likely is it other players will join us if someone of Owens background was at the club.... much more likely.

He would be brilliant at this level and a big fish in the pond, but he would offer far more than just goals.... it would be a massive statement of intent for the club a huge PR coup.

I still think Leicester with Sven there would be more likely than us..... but if TB is a horse racing mate, you just never know.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
The point is he is no longer worthy of starting week in week out for the champions of England and European Cup finalists. I reckon he could probably do a job for a newly promoted Division 2 side, don't you?

£40k a week, no. Sign him up on a pay as you score basis.

Errmmm...speaking personally that conjures up nightmare memories of Edgar "Diddy" Davids....:eek::eek::eek:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Why not...????...Ok here is Owen options, go to a Villa, Blackburn etc and play mid table/relegation football in the prem. Go to America maybe and earn a shedload of dosh. Take a challenge and play championship football in a competitive side.....If money is not a motivation as he is already loaded, what would you choose.?

That's why I think this is a runner, Owen is not a bighead and the challenge of a new stadium and a go-ahead club might appeal to him more than a "Sven" deal. But it must be down to Poyet to decide not the Albion PR boys.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Owen has said before he'd rather retire than drop down the leagues. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he retired in the summer. He's got a PL winners medal and may well end up with a CL one as well - he hasn't got anything else worthwhile to win after that. The one thing he certainly won't be doing is coming to a team just promoted from the 3rd division.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I've just been reading that Michael Owen flies his own helicopter

Multiflight-heli-2.gif

I desperately want him to sign now!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Owen has said before he'd rather retire than drop down the leagues. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he retired in the summer. He's got a PL winners medal and may well end up with a CL one as well - he hasn't got anything else worthwhile to win after that. The one thing he certainly won't be doing is coming to a team just promoted from the 3rd division.

I disagree. By the way are those the same gloves you own that let in 3 a few weeks later? The flap at Dougie's close-range header I recall ever so clearly.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I disagree. By the way are those the same gloves you own that let in 3 a few weeks later? The flap at Dougie's close-range header I recall ever so clearly.

Nope, were chucked into the stands after the 1-0 win. We had a different goalkeeper that week after Henderson's loan finished. The winner Blayney conceeded was much worse I seem to remember.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Nope, were chucked into the stands after the 1-0 win. We had a different goalkeeper that week after Henderson's loan finished. The winner Blayney conceeded was much worse I seem to remember.

No it was a rasper from Jobi McAnuff that sizzled past him, he may have been unsighted though. The pass across to him was courtesy of yon Dougie, the scourge of Albion. Roll on next season!!

I hope the covers on the dugouts are nice and solid, mind...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here