Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Former World Cup star playing at the AMEX?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Haven't got time to lok over every thread started the last few days, but a rumour was circulating, or being circulated in a Seaford chippie Thursday night, that a CERTAIN former World Cup legend might be heading South from Old Trafford.

This person is not unknown to chips and presumably wants to demonstrate his MO at a lower level...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Probably a crossover from the Beckham rumour which seems to have some mileage.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The Owen rumour goes on and on, wonder if there is anything in it?....Would be a massive signing if he is fit and still has the passion for the game. But these are two massive IF'S....Although one would expect Gus to be satisfied on both fronts, were he to end up at the Amex. Bloom may like a gamble but he is not a fool and I dont belive for a second he would sanction a move like this, if all was not ok with the player.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
The Owen rumour goes on and on, wonder if there is anything in it?....Would be a massive signing if he is fit and still has the passion for the game. But these are two massive IF'S....Although one would expect Gus to be satisfied on both fronts, were he to end up at the Amex. Bloom may like a gamble but he is not a fool and I dont belive for a second he would sanction a move like this, if all was not ok with the player.

:nono::yawn:What is it exactly that Owen could offer us, how many goals has he scored this season?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
:nono::yawn:What is it exactly that Owen could offer us, how many goals has he scored this season?

Owen would be amazing. He's far far far too good for us - that's why he won't be coming. Not because he can't ''offer'' us anything.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Owen would be amazing. He's far far far too good for us - that's why he won't be coming. Not because he can't ''offer'' us anything.

I would love to see him join. Not just for his contribution on the pitch, but as a statement of intent, and as a role model for the younger players at the Club. I thought he was very good with kids in his coaching programs on the telly years ago. I am sure that the likes of Toby and Ashley Barnes would learn so much from him.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This person is not unknown to chips and presumably wants to demonstrate his MO at a lower level...

49772_100001643597105_9086_n.jpg

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would be on more wages than his current form or talent but might sell alot of shirts etc and partner Murray well. Keep seeing it mentioned and is dreamland obviously and 0.1% chance of happening but well, nice to think isn't it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ask Newcastle how his ratio of of goals and matches played to thousands of pounds in wages turned out ....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
World Cup legended from Old Trafford? Hernandez? that would be bloody amazing. with Latin Amerian links, Gus must be tapping him up, it makes perfect sence.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Gus has said the Amex facilities will be the best in The Championship, so maybe Michael Own is being signed to test out the treatment and rehabilitaion facilies.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus has said the Amex facilities will be the best in The Championship, so maybe Michael Own is being signed to test out the treatment and rehabilitaion facilies.

Is a magician joining the treatment team then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here