Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forgotten/rare phrases

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
I know a couple of people from my parents generation (from entirely different parts of the country) who used the expression "Shit in your hat and punch it". I am making a conscious effort to make this my exclamation of choice.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Oh, fiddlesticks!"

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I know a couple of people from my parents generation (from entirely different parts of the country) who used the expression "Shit in your hat and punch it". I am making a conscious effort to make this my exclamation of choice.

Reminds me, my Dad had a phrase if you said you wanted something "Well, want in one hand, shit in the other and see which one fills up first".

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ha, and What do you want? A medal or a chest to pin it on?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Back when i was at school the top insult was mo, as in he's a mo, you mo etc. Not sure where that came from. Also we used Jimmy Hill and chinny rub for when accussing someone of talking bollocks. The most un pc insult was to take you arm out of your jumper, touch your shoulder and put the sleeve back on so your elbow poked out of the end, stick your tongue under your bottom lip and while waving your elbow stub at the person to be insulted and yell "Joey, Joey" in the best "retard" voice you could manage. Christ we were horrible little bastards.

Lol i can remember doing that (hangs head in shame) wonder if the teachers today would let kids get away with it?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
"Bob's your uncle"

Where a prime minister call Robert something or other, got a job in the Government for his useless nephew.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
lawks a mussy

well i'll go to the foot of our stairs ( its a northern thing)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
'Cheers Drives'

Said to bus drivers when departing. always used to hear people thank the bus driver, never do anymore.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
"Do you want a knuckle sandwich? "
" Shut up you little bastard or I'll get Uncles Jimmy and Gary to babysit again "

One of these might not be true.....:)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Trebor mints are a minty bit stronger, stick 'em up yer bum and they last a little longer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here