Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forgotten/rare phrases

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Softly, softly catchy monkey. I hate, HATE that phrase, makes me cringe and vomit.

I remember when yoghurt pot lids used to be metallic and sometimes you'd bite them to open them up and my Dad would alsways say "Ooh, careful son, that'll find yer fillings" I always liked that one.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'll have yer guts for garters
I'll go through you for a pathway
You don't make a good window (if you were in teh way of the tellybox)
Where's me washboard

And one that my Dad was obsessed with saying from some really unfunny 80's Tv prog.."Hey look, that's me".

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Unco and Malco were often used on the sports fields.

Reminds me, my Dad had a phrase if you said you wanted something "Well, want in one hand, shit in the other and see which one fills up first".

My family must have been well posh as we used to use "spit" rather than the other word.

Heard on a bus from Brighton back in the '70's by some young lads heading for Uckfield I believe. They were accusing someone of their acquaintance of being a "proper chaile". I think I can guess the etymology of that!

One that I haven't heard for a couple of years at least "El Abd you're a F****G donkey".

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Numbskull.

Had a brilliant moment a few years ago when having admittedly parked my car where I shouldn't have done some bloke told me to me it and called me a "bloody numbskull" a word that up until then I only ever seen in the Beano. Needless to say I laughed at him for a while before moving my car.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I often use numbskull, on here quite a lot funnily enough. Think I called somebody a couple of wally's the other day on here too.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
The most un pc insult was to take you arm out of your jumper, touch your shoulder and put the sleeve back on so your elbow poked out of the end, stick your tongue under your bottom lip and while waving your elbow stub at the person to be insulted and yell "Joey, Joey" in the best "retard" voice you could manage. Christ we were horrible little bastards.

We used to do this , the only difference was instead of calling someone a joey we'd call them a Chailey.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yonks.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Pissed as a fart or three sheets to the wind

Up the creek without a paddle

well f**k my old boots

Well I go to the foot of my stairs

bun in the oven.

This thread has made me think of so many I could be writing for ages to be honest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here