Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forgotten/defunct Brands You Have Loved.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was very fond of my "Silly Putty". I would press it onto cartoon jokes in my comics and take it to school to show the print of the pun on my grotty pink putty mulch - of course the writing would be backwards, but it didn't seem to matter.

Oh, and I overtook a Mk1 Cortina on the A23 southbound yesterday - I nearly wept.

Last edited:

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Barnet Seagull said:
Walls "Big Feast"
Lemondae Sparkles.

none of this normal tame "feast" crap.
Do you remember the "Feast-Wich" as well. It was chocolate and chocolate ice cream sandwiched between 2 beits of chocolate cake stuff. With chocolate sauce. Now there was an ice cream!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Don't forget TODAY newspaper (first Uk national colour tabloid), not a bad read, but didn't have too many fans.

I also enjoyed drinking TAB (white cola, made by coca cola).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
R Whites Lemona-hay-hade
Frazzles
Sainsbury's Yellow Label goods
Space Dust
Look-In comic / magazine
Blue Nun wine (please tell me no-one is sick enough to stock that brake fluid any more)
Bukta (oh, yes - those 70s Albion shirts)

Winfield football boots - came from Woolworths, looked like adidas with an extra thin stripe and made out of the stiffest plastic imaginable........ made me play even worse than my meagre talent allowed.:lolol:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Game & Watch consoles, especially the Donkey Kong 2 flip ones. Got mine in 1983 as a get well present when i got diabetes. Memories.

The 16K rubber-keyed Speccy

And the Grandstand game console that you plugged into the telly. Had Kevin Keegan sporting a seventies' afro on the box. Came with a rifle so you could shoot little squares that bounced across the screen. Was the height in sophistication at the time :clap2:

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
edna krabappel said:
Garbage Pail stickers.

In fact any 80s Panini sticker collections where you could buy a packet of 6 for 12p.

Now they're all far too expensive and not nearly as exciting.

I went through phase of collecting Mexico 86 stickers, along with everyone else in my primary school.

By the time i got bored of them and realised I was never going to get either the silver Iraq team badge or Jesper Olsen no matter how many packets I bought, I'd accumulated12 Kenny Sansoms, 9 Gary Baileys, 7 Karl-Heinz Rummenigges, 6 Norman Whitesides and a brace of Cha Bum Kuns*

*any 80s child will tell you that Cha Bum Kun was the funniest named player EVER.

:lolol:

Chabumm.jpg

Cha Bum Kun - the sticker.

Oh memories
:lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
Not necessarily brands but at the time of the 1972 Olympics in Munich, Shell did a Olympic Athletes "silver Coins" collection which you got with gallons of petrol. I had most of them.

Not forgetting the classic Esso World Cup coins

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Does anyone remember a drink called Biarritz.A fore-runner to todays alcopops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here