Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those who hate Andy Murray...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
...he will become the 4th best player ranked in the world after the U.S. Open, say all you want about him, but already equalled what Henman did in his whole career.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He absolutely blitzed Wawrinka. A marvellous display and great to watch as ever.

The Del Potro clash should be good fun. They have a bit of history!

_44978437_am_getty_216.jpg

Andy Murray, I salute you. :bowdown:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
donr see how he can be 4th best in the world when he has won no grand slams? :shrug:

:/

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
...he will become the 4th best player ranked in the world after the U.S. Open, say all you want about him, but already equalled what Henman did in his whole career.

Only if you consider, once getting up to 4th in the list, as Henman's sole career achievement. I don't recall Murray playing in many Wimbledon semi finals just yet.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

Not wishing to disprove your point about Murray but aside from his Wimbledon Semi's, Tim also reached the Semi of the French and US open in 2004, towards the tail-end of his career.

While I don't doubt Murray will beat that eventually, getting to the semis of the US open this year will not achieve that.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
as el bod said, dont give a f*** how good he is (hes still going to do SHIT), that fact of the matter is that hes a scottish arrogant twat

larus

Don't know why people have to slag Henman off so much. He was unfortunate that Sampras was so dominant on the only grand-slam sufrace which really suited his game.

The year he messed up was against Ivanisavic in the semi. If the weather had held, he would have won that semi, and probably Wimbledon. But, shit happens.

Saying that, Murray, IMO, will be a better player than Heman as he is more competitive.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Don't know why people have to slag Henman off so much. He was unfortunate that Sampras was so dominant on the only grand-slam sufrace which really suited his game.

The year he messed up was against Ivanisavic in the semi. If the weather had held, he would have won that semi, and probably Wimbledon. But, shit happens.

Saying that, Murray, IMO, will be a better player than Heman as he is more competitive.

Yeah I totally agree, but all that argument, valid as it is, will get you is people poo pooing it saying that they are excuses.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Go Andy Murray! :dance:

'Andy Murray will take on Argentina's in-form Juan Martin del Potro at the US Open on Wednesday aiming to reach his first Grand Slam semi-final.

The British number one's match has been scheduled third on Arthur Ashe Stadium and will start at around 1900 BST. A victory would see Murray face Rafael Nadal or Mardy Fish in the last four.'

What's with the rolling up of his sleeve to show his muscle? :tosser: You're a professional sportsman-you SHOULD have a muscle there you twat. Especially if you play tennis.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
as el bod said, dont give a f*** how good he is (hes still going to do SHIT), that fact of the matter is that hes a scottish arrogant twat

and he was like that when I beat him in the Dunblane Sports club tournament many years ago...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Agree with all that. In my book, Murray is not only more comptitive, he's a much better mover around court and has a more varied game too.

I predicted on here last year that he'd win slam inside 2 years, and I still think that could happen. The only person at the moment (given Feds slight dip in form) who he can't touch on their day is Rafa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here