Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those who hate Andy Murray...

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
The kids done well, you have to give him credit. He's improved tremendously over the past year, and I think he can beat the irresistable force that is Del Potro tonight.

Just a shame that Sir Rafael Nadal will be lying in wait in the Semis, to end his hopes, again :thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh no! What a twat! I instantly HATE him!

Good luck to the boy I reckon. I respect his swagger, he'll go far with his attitude.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What's with the rolling up of his sleeve to show his muscle? :tosser: You're a professional sportsman-you SHOULD have a muscle there you twat. Especially if you play tennis.

and the difference between that and Flintoffs ape impression last week is ???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Only if you consider, once getting up to 4th in the list, as Henman's sole career achievement. I don't recall Murray playing in many Wimbledon semi finals just yet.

Rich son Henman probably spent most of his early life on grass in this country compared to Murray in Spain not on grass. I would be surprised if Murray won at Wimbledon - the US or Aus will be his most likely chance for a first GS win.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
People liked Chris Boardman's swagger when he was all cocky about the GB cycling team a week or two back.
But a tennis player being cocky is a TWAT.
???

Seemingly people think he's a twat because he's Scottish and he wouldn't support England in a football match, even though English people never support the Scots.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh yeah, and because people on NSC dont' like arrogance even through arrogant people tend to be more successful.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
He was rude about the England team, Chappers. :down:

I always thought that he was joking Bof, but as he has a dry sense of humour and the rather dour look, it didn't come across too well. Either way, for me he's British and now he 4th best in the world, which is pretty good for 21 yo.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Rich son Henman probably spent most of his early life on grass in this country compared to Murray in Spain not on grass. I would be surprised if Murray won at Wimbledon - the US or Aus will be his most likely chance for a first GS win.

A rich person playing tennis? bastard

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I always thought that he was joking Bof, but as he has a dry sense of humour and the rather dour look, it didn't come across too well. Either way, for me he's British and now he 4th best in the world, which is pretty good for 21 yo.

Agreed and I wouldn't expect anything less from the Scottish.

I guess he has got where he is by being determined, focused and serious. I can see why the public have not warmed to him so much as he is not a bouncy and cheerful character that is easy to warm to, but entertaining on the court nevertheless. One thing that was noticeable was the transformation of Henman Hill and the crowd finally getting behind him as they did with Tim.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Scottish dislike of English football is legendary.

What I heard was that when England played Jamaica last June (as a world cup warm up game for the Jamaicans) Murray was seen wearing a Jamaica shirt outwardly showing his support for Jamaica and contempt for England.

My view was that he was a tad stupid to do this so publically with it carrying the risk of allienating a good propotion of "British" tennis fans (majority of who are probably English).

Silly boy, and if some English fans find it hard to support him because of his Scottish-ness (as well as his face-Easy) - he will have to accept that.

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
"I'm not British....I'm Scottish."

Just because he isn't too bad at hitting a tennis ball doesn't stop him from being an idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here