Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those who hate Andy Murray...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Henman was a consistently good player for 7-8 years and reached a number of Grand Slam semis. This is better than most tennis professionals can dream of, so his achievments shouldn't be belittled.

Andy Murray is a twat but you get the feeling he'll get to at least one Grand Slam final. He's the sort of guy who I hope can win the US Open and then one Wimbledon so wer can all get this 70-year Fred Perry monkey off our backs and get on with supporting someone worthy of our support like Federer or Nadal.

What I heard was that when England played Jamaica last June (as a world cup warm up game for the Jamaicans) Murray was seen wearing a Jamaica shirt outwardly showing his support for Jamaica and contempt for England.

Which World Cup were Jamaica in last June then?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Andy Murray is a twat but you get the feeling he'll get to at least one Grand Slam final. He's the sort of guy who I hope can win the US Open and then one Wimbledon so we can all get this 70-year Fred Perry monkey off our backs

That monkey will still have a firm grip until an ENGLISHMAN wins Wimbers, I feel.
Doubt I'll see that in my lieftime.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree Easy. I blame the likes of Pinsent and Redgrave for taking decent middle class athletes away from tennis and into the evil clutches of rowing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seemingly people think he's a twat because he's Scottish and he wouldn't support England in a football match

Ask any kid of Murray's age, or anybody of any age up there really, and you'll get the same answer: a) I support Scotland in a football match and b) I support England's opponents in a football match. That's how life is :shrug:

Seasider

Jul 9, 2003
Maidenhead
Ask any kid of Murray's age, or anybody of any age up there really, and you'll get the same answer: a) I support Scotland in a football match and b) I support England's opponents in a football match. That's how life is :shrug:

I wasn't aware their grasp of the ENGLISH language was that good

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Too many unforced errors tonight I think. Unfortunatley, he's highly likely to be playing Rafa in the semi-final.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Surely Rafael Nadal v Andy Murray should be on BBC1/2 on Saturday evening.

It's a grand-slam semi-final.

Come on BBC, do the right thing and put it on, it will beat the viewing figures of the England game on Setanta, because nobody subscribes to that, and f*** off to this Eurovision Dance Shite that's scheduled at the minute.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Surely Rafael Nadal v Andy Murray should be on BBC1/2 on Saturday evening.

It's a grand-slam semi-final.

Come on BBC, do the right thing and put it on, it will beat the viewing figures of the England game on Setanta, because nobody subscribes to that, and f*** off to this Eurovision Dance Shite that's scheduled at the minute.

sky have the rights to the us open tennis...bbc cant show it live

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
sky have the rights to the us open tennis...bbc cant show it live

They normally show the final in the early hours don't they?

Or is that for the Aussie Open?

Well I've already e-mailed the BBC and suggested it, won't get a response though

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They normally show the final in the early hours don't they?

Or is that for the Aussie Open?

Well I've already e-mailed the BBC and suggested it, won't get a response though

Yeah that's right, I can just hear the TV exc now.

- "Ok team lets brainstorm. We have a gap in the schedule for approx 4 hours of live sport, any ideas"
- football
- No, it's shite
- Cycling
- No Sky just brought that.
- Hang on, hang on we've got an e-mail from a fella in Grimsby, thinks we should show the grand slam semi final featuring a Brit.
- BRILLANT even with a £100,000+ salary I would never have thought about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here