Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

for those of you who know Laura (BAG)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Get well soon Laura , and get back on that horse.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Ouch! That sounds like a painfull accident. Still look on the bright side BAG, It wont hurt when the pains gone! How did you get on with the morphine? I love the stuff but unfortunatly it's slightly addictive as I found out.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Ouch! That sounds like a painfull accident. Still look on the bright side BAG, It wont hurt when the pains gone! How did you get on with the morphine? I love the stuff but unfortunatly it's slightly addictive as I found out.

Didnt stop the pain, just made me woozy - i had 22mgs last night!!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
One of my fondest memories is of drifting off into a morphine induced sleep in a Cardiff hospital in 1991 - and I was only admitted for food poisoning. God bless the Welsh.

:thumbsup:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Didnt stop the pain, just made me woozy - i had 22mgs last night!!!

It does have that affect on you, The first time I had it was when I fell down a flight of stairs and they thought i had broken my neck and shoulder and allthough it did'nt stop the pain I was too high to care about it. I got addicted to the stuff when I was put on that oramorph medicine a while ago and after a month my body had built up an addiction and it was hell getting off it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Get well soon young'un.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
quick update...she had a bad night last night and is currently in casualty again. It appears the hospital who put her dislocated shoulder back in, didnt ( or it may have popped out again) and she is in a hell of a lot of pain.( she actually works on placement at the hospital......!!!!!)

Anyway, hopefully they will give her a scan as she also thinks she may have damaged her ribs where she fell on her arm, and they will put her shoulder back and give her pain kelliers

All in all she is not having the best of times at the moment

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Blimey - just saw this! Ouch BAG - as a veteran of 5 dislocations I can wholeheartedly understand what she's going through - even the popping out again bit! Send her my love Dave - sadly the drugs to keep the pain at bay also knock you out when you're in bed and subsequently mean you can roll over and pop it out again as the ligaments are not repaired yet to keep it back in...

Poor thing! Hang in there!!

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
quick update...she had a bad night last night and is currently in casualty again. It appears the hospital who put her dislocated shoulder back in, didnt ( or it may have popped out again) and she is in a hell of a lot of pain.( she actually works on placement at the hospital......!!!!!)

Anyway, hopefully they will give her a scan as she also thinks she may have damaged her ribs where she fell on her arm, and they will put her shoulder back and give her pain kelliers

All in all she is not having the best of times at the moment

Hope she's got a laptop dave, so she can keep up with the entertainment that is NSC.

Best wishes Laura.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
One of my fondest memories is of drifting off into a morphine induced sleep in a Cardiff hospital in 1991 - and I was only admitted for food poisoning. God bless the Welsh.

:thumbsup:

When I was in for my leg I was given a morphine pump/tap thing... BEST invention in the world forget the wheel I loved that thing. All I did if some one I didnt wanna chat too from college came in 1 pump and I was drifting off to sleep.....

Am i EVIL? Its worth breaking my leg again just for one... ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Get well soon you feisty young lady.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Get well soon Laura.

There is one bit of comfort though. At least yuo didn't have the accident down here you might have had Krispies as your nurse in A&E.

P.S. Please make shure you give Dave the runaround.:laugh:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Thanks all again!!

spent 7 hours at the worthing a &e last night. it appears ive also broken my collarbone!! theres a lovely crack in it!!! Another 5mg of morphine in yesterday!! The doctor said that ive had a "serious dislocation" and ive ripped all my ligaments, muscles, and most of the rest!! I've also done some nerve damage - meaning ive got pins and needles ALL THE TIME. The doc reckoned it'd be 2 MONTHS at least before it's right again - and ive been signed off for 2 weeks.

I'm in so much pain at the moment though :(

Feeling v ++ sorry for myself at the mo!!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
OUCH!! yucko Laura, what a horrible accident! Lets hope those drugs get you through the next few weeks till you feel a bit more normal again....poor thing!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
:drink:Heres to a speedy recovery

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Cor, you certainly don't do things by halves do you?!

To think I played rugby for years and only did my collar bone in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here