Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the Gus Out brigade..

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
we are on course to break last years record without winning and Gus has brought In how many top payers in?

If that not going backwards then please elaborate.

What's your definition of a top player? Bridge..Bruno Kushy? There performing.....Dobbie yet to do the business...ORlandi looks promising...I'd say this side looks better than the one we had this time last year...ultimately it's results that will count....I'll wait till end of season on that one

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Could this not be because he believes, like Arsenal under George Graham, that to achieve success you need to be defensively sound and not concede goals. A clean sheet means that you dont lose and get at least 1 point from which you can build.

But we haven't been keeping clean sheets have we. You play to your strengths, simples. In regards to George Graham,,,boring,boring Arsenal wasn't it???...Now Wenger's invincibles playing 4-4-2 with two wide players and two holding midfielders in front of the back four. Now that was a team to aspire too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
we are on course to break last years record without winning and Gus has brought In how many top payers in?

If that not going backwards then please elaborate.

You count a sequence of 7 without a win as "going backwards" then ? A few draws and some narrow defeats which, after an excellent start, has left us 3 pts off the playoff places.

What exactly is your expectation this season ? I think any improvement on 10th will be good progress, but I'm guessing you'd see anything outside the top 6 as an abject failure. Despite there being a lot of clubs in this league more experienced, better equipped, with parachute payments and squads carrying plenty of Premiership experience.

We're decent, but we're not there yet. Its going to take a bit of PATIENCE, without people throwing their toys out of the pram and getting on the managers back after a few disappointing performances.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i swear being a football manager is the only job in the world where you can get sacked for incompetence in the evening, and the next day people are offering you millions to do the same job which you just got sacked from for being useless at it!

I am in no way saying Gus Poyet is useless. I am firmly rooted to my seat in the gus bus. This is just my view of professional football management.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
But we haven't been keeping clean sheets have we. You play to your strengths, simples. In regards to George Graham,,,boring,boring Arsenal wasn't it???...Now Wenger's invincibles playing 4-4-2 with two wide players and two holding midfielders in front of the back four. Now that was a team to aspire too.

To be fair I was getting really concerned about the way things were going but surely you can't complain about last Friday. We took them apart. Only our ineptitude in front of goal and some bad luck stopped that from being a big home victory. Gus is not responsible for that. I thought there were really encouraging signs that our dodgy spell is over. A nice victory tomorrow and we're back on track.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ole Gunnar Solkesjar

This in no way means i want Gus Out just a Hypothetical answer to a Hypothetical question !!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
##

Not yet but could be setting his sat nav for St Marys for tomorrow and another interview on Meridian leaning out of the window of his car.

I'd be utterly amazed if Redknapp went back to Southampton. He couldn't work with Rupert Lowe, so what are the chances of any sort of relationship with Nicola Cortese? And two spells with Portsmouth would make him even less popular with their fans than he was when he got them relegated in 2005 ...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Name our new manager. We've had to pay a MASSIVE lump in compo to get rid of Gus, and therefore can't poach anyone elses. Name a realistic replacement YOU will be happy with to get us to the next level.

???

:shutup:

This thread is :shit:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It's actually be very interesting. Not a single realistic replacement who could do better than Gus imo has been mentioned. To those saying we could afford to pay off Gus and Tanno and then bring in a new manager because TB isn't going to let us go to pot with his moneybags, where is that big target man we couldn't sign because of Not enough money..?

The fact is you mugs want everything NOW, and when you don't get it you CRY.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
We could do with "Flash" ah ah saviour of the universe!!!!!...To be fair mate, you ain't too far behind pointing out, that i'm in there like a flash....In truth, i really don't dislike Poyet as much as many on here believe. It's just the hero worship I can't understand, for a manager who as yet, has achieved very little....f*** knows what it would be like on here, if he actually got us up.

Happy? Celebratory?

How the f*** do you think it would be on here if we went up again??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no doubt TB would be able to entice a current manager and be able to fund that and also pay off Gus. However I imagine that he is willing to be patient with Gus bar a dramatic plunge down the table. I'd rather we carried on improving the squad and waiting a couple of years to get promoted would suit me. We'd just be next season's Saints if we went up this year. I can't imagine it's much fun being one of their fans at the moment. Maybe one of Redneb, JJB or one of the many other Saints fans who've gone missing recently could pop back and let us know just how depressing it is or how confident they are that they are gonna pull it around.

Gus is going nowhere IMO, he has done a fine job here and will continue to do so although the rate of improvement has slowed down with the increase in quality of the opposition, quite a few still being on parachute payments and able to get first dibs on the top players.

We need to show a bit of realism during this bad patch. I still love watching the Albion in our new home even if things are not going that well. If only Gus would play with less fear I'd be more than happy to carry on being a team flitting in and out of the playoff positions for a while yet. I'm not that enamoured with the idea of being the whipping boys of the top league.

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
I have no doubt TB would be able to entice a current manager and be able to fund that and also pay off Gus. However I imagine that he is willing to be patient with Gus bar a dramatic plunge down the table. I'd rather we carried on improving the squad and waiting a couple of years to get promoted would suit me. We'd just be next season's Saints if we went up this year. I can't imagine it's much fun being one of their fans at the moment. Maybe one of Redneb, JJB or one of the many other Saints fans who've gone missing recently could pop back and let us know just how depressing it is or how confident they are that they are gonna pull it around.

Gus is going nowhere IMO, he has done a fine job here and will continue to do so although the rate of improvement has slowed down with the increase in quality of the opposition, quite a few still being on parachute payments and able to get first dibs on the top players.

We need to show a bit of realism during this bad patch. I still love watching the Albion in our new home even if things are not going that well. If only Gus would play with less fear I'd be more than happy to carry on being a team flitting in and out of the playoff positions for a while yet. I'm not that enamoured with the idea of being the whipping boys of the top league.

Such intellect at such and early time of day..well said that man.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As soon as we suss out how to break down teams who "park the bus" against us we'll be up, up and away - the game against Leeds was a significant pointer in the right direction - and the sentiment of this thread will be completely redundant.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Whatever happens tonight Gus is safe and still the right man to lead the team. We're playing a style of football I enjoy watching and we're at our highest position in decades. TB knows this too. We are in an entertaining league playing entertaining football and it's pulling the punters in.

If we do lose tonight then I imagine there may be a few eyebrows raised in Roger Mooresque fashion, but that will be about it. It's certainly not the armageddon that some are predicting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here