Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the Gus Out brigade..

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Bloom has just paid nearly 100 million for a stadium and 15 million for an academy...and you think paying Poyet off would leave him potles and having to shop in the bargain basement???..I think not. He might not be very happy about it, but if he think's his long term investment and his dream of dining at the top table is in jeopardy, i'm sure he would find the funds.....Has Harry gone anywhere yet???....now his next appointment will be interesting, I wonder if he is still in contact with Barber???

Another well put post. What does all these poyet lovers think Bloom will do? Watch his multi million pound investment go up in smoke? Would Bloom act knowing Poyet is taking us in the wrong direction and possibly get us relegated. Bloom would be more than happy to give him his size 6 shoe up his arse if need be.

Bet Bloom has sacked many people before as he hasn't built up his empire by sticking with nearly men.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I suspect that Mr Bloom will want to see success so that people continue to keep buying tickets and spending money at the stadium.

Lack of success on the pitch will mean a drop in revenue from fans not attending matches.

I therefore think that whilst instant success probably is not a requirement, an improvement on last years 10th position is, as is a realistic push for Premier league status.

My god, the voice of reason....spot on mate!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Another well put post. What does all these poyet lovers think Bloom will do? Watch his multi million pound investment go up in smoke? Would Bloom act knowing Poyet is taking us in the wrong direction and possibly get us relegated. Bloom would be more than happy to give him his size 6 shoe up his arse if need be.

Bet Bloom has sacked many people before as he hasn't built up his empire by sticking with nearly men.

Quality gag about Bloom's size cheekily placed in there, well played.

How is Bloom's investment going up in smoke? We're 10th in the Championship! We were 20th in League 1 when Bloom hired Poyet. I think we need to allow Bloom to worry, or not, about the business and Poyet to worry about the football. Probably best we aren't in charge of either!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You have forgotten one small detail Gus AND Tony Bloom said all along it was a 5 year journey and the academy isnt ready yet and that is a must for when we get to the Premier.

No I haven't forgotten that at all. But during this five year journey, that you keep pointing out, progress is suppose to be made. If the machine starts going in reverse my friend, I can assure you that is NOT part of the five year plan, nor is empty seats and season ticket sales dropping. Which is what will happen if we go backwards from last season...Which still remains to be seen but is very much in the balance...And there it is, that is the whole point!!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
for a manager who as yet, has achieved very little.

He took over when we were 20th in League 1, and within 2 and a half seasons took us to our highest finish in over 20 years.

I suppose that was a formality though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No I haven't forgotten that at all. But during this five year journey, that you keep pointing out, progress is suppose to be made. If the machine starts going in reverse my friend, I can assure you that is NOT part of the five year plan, nor is empty seats and season ticket sales dropping. Which is what will happen if we go backwards from last season...Which still remains to be seen but is very much in the balance...And there it is, that is the whole point!!!!!

7 games without a win and we're "going backwards" ?

Of course Poyet isn't bomb-proof. If we were bottom of the league and getting smashed out of sight every week then you may have a point. At the moment though - you don't.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

As you say IF the wheels come off but as a prolonged thread and argument showed we are no worse off now than this time last year so why should TB be any more concerned than this time last year. A plus is the Academy has been passed and started which is another Gus project

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
My biggest bug bare with Poyet, is we have better attacking options in midfield, than we do defencive ones. Buckley/Lualua/Orlandi/Dobbie/Lopez. For the first time on Friday he used them and what a difference it made. Play to our strengths and I think we will finish top six, play the three holding midfielders and we won't.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We could do with "Flash" ah ah saviour of the universe!!!!!...To be fair mate, you ain't too far behind pointing out, that i'm in there like a flash....In truth, i really don't dislike Poyet as much as many on here believe. It's just the hero worship I can't understand, for a manager who as yet, has achieved very little....f*** knows what it would be like on here, if he actually got us up.

Lol..ye..c ya point

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
As you say IF the wheels come off but as a prolonged thread and argument showed we are no worse off now than this time last year so why should TB be any more concerned than this time last year. A plus is the Academy has been passed and started which is another Gus project

He should be more concerned than last year, because another bucket load of money has been spunked on players we didn't need.. People keep pointing out how good last season and was. So we have signed another dozen players, when we only needed half a dozen and as yet no progress has been made...Friday was very promising though, try and win games, instead of trying not to lose them and all will be fine.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
How on earth can finishing lower than last season be seen as progress???

Because the squad is better and the style of play has developed to more suit the division, we have another seasons experience of the division, younger players coming through more used to playing the way we need, senior players more comfortable. Any number of ways that as punters who look only at the table do not see.

A question for you. If we finish lower but with more points, having scored more goals and let in fewer - will you think we gone backwards ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My biggest bug bare with Poyet, is we have better attacking options in midfield, than we do defencive ones. Buckley/Lualua/Orlandi/Dobbie/Lopez. For the first time on Friday he used them and what a difference it made. Play to our strengths and I think we will finish top six, play the three holding midfielders and we won't.

Could this not be because he believes, like Arsenal under George Graham, that to achieve success you need to be defensively sound and not concede goals. A clean sheet means that you dont lose and get at least 1 point from which you can build.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

Of course Poyet isn't bomb-proof. If we were bottom of the league and getting smashed out of sight every week then you may have a point. At the moment though - you don't.

we are on course to break last years record without winning and Gus has brought In how many top payers in?

If that not going backwards then please elaborate.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Could this not be because he believes, like Arsenal under George Graham, that to achieve success you need to be defensively sound and not concede goals. A clean sheet means that you dont lose and get at least 1 point from which you can build.

Bet Southampton would like to keep a clean sheet at the moment

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

precise, to the point, and above all accurate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here