Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the Gus Out brigade..

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I actually don't believe there is a 'Gus Out' brigade. One or two impatient morons (and at the most that's all it is) do not a brigade make. That's not to say that there aren't a few people with ridiculous expectations, but I think the majority are just disappointed that we haven't won for seven games and wonder what else we need to do (if anything) to end that sequence.

Oh, and Peterborough are the form team at the moment so tonight is most definitely not a 'gimme'. Looking forward to it though regardless as due to work commitments this is the first midweek game I've been to since the League Cup game with Liverpool.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We could do with "Flash" ah ah saviour of the universe!!!!!...To be fair mate, you ain't too far behind pointing out, that i'm in there like a flash....In truth, i really don't dislike Poyet as much as many on here believe. It's just the hero worship I can't understand, for a manager who as yet, has achieved very little....f*** knows what it would be like on here, if he actually got us up.

He did- And kept us there looking much more likely to compete in this division than any other Manager we have had in the last 20 years.

(I know - Budgets!)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's actually be very interesting. Not a single realistic replacement who could do better than Gus imo has been mentioned. To those saying we could afford to pay off Gus and Tanno and then bring in a new manager because TB isn't going to let us go to pot with his moneybags, where is that big target man we couldn't sign because of Not enough money..?

The fact is you mugs want everything NOW, and when you don't get it you CRY.

Coppell, but he would probably bail out halfway through his 2nd year!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I suspect that Mr Bloom will want to see success so that people continue to keep buying tickets and spending money at the stadium.

Lack of success on the pitch will mean a drop in revenue from fans not attending matches.

I therefore think that whilst instant success probably is not a requirement, an improvement on last years 10th position is, as is a realistic push for Premier league status.

Yep. We may only be little old BHA, but since our Lazareth-like rising from the dead our managers position carries significantly more pressure than Barry Lloyd sitting in a derelict dugout in a cheap suit smoking cheap fags. We'll soon see the Abramovich in Bloom if upward progress isn't forthcoming and swathes of empty seats start appearing on a regular basis.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I have no doubt TB would be able to entice a current manager and be able to fund that and also pay off Gus. However I imagine that he is willing to be patient with Gus bar a dramatic plunge down the table. I'd rather we carried on improving the squad and waiting a couple of years to get promoted would suit me. We'd just be next season's Saints if we went up this year. I can't imagine it's much fun being one of their fans at the moment. Maybe one of Redneb, JJB or one of the many other Saints fans who've gone missing recently could pop back and let us know just how depressing it is or how confident they are that they are gonna pull it around.

Gus is going nowhere IMO, he has done a fine job here and will continue to do so although the rate of improvement has slowed down with the increase in quality of the opposition, quite a few still being on parachute payments and able to get first dibs on the top players.

We need to show a bit of realism during this bad patch. I still love watching the Albion in our new home even if things are not going that well. If only Gus would play with less fear I'd be more than happy to carry on being a team flitting in and out of the playoff positions for a while yet. I'm not that enamoured with the idea of being the whipping boys of the top league.

All fair points. But also we have to remember that each year we remain in the Championship three more teams will be coming down with money to burn. The only way we are going to be able to compete financially is to get into the Premier League, get the millions, then if we also drop back down we will have the millions to spend.

The hard part is getting there! We have no right of passage of course. There are still a lot of our squad that need to be jettisoned and further quality brought in before we can even think about challenging for a top two spot in this division.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I'd be utterly amazed if Redknapp went back to Southampton. He couldn't work with Rupert Lowe, so what are the chances of any sort of relationship with Nicola Cortese? And two spells with Portsmouth would make him even less popular with their fans than he was when he got them relegated in 2005 ...

I'm sure that if he does for them what he did for Spurs, when they were bottom of the league, they'll find it in their hearts to forgive him.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
f*** off and shut the f*** up if you ain't on the Gus Bus, well that's IMHO of course....

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm well and truly on the Gus Bus, so that's clarified where I stand.

What I thought was really encouraging on Friday, is that after missing a game or two and reading the endless negativity on here I thought I would be all alone on said bus. But no. The people around me in the North Stand are still delighted with the team and the way we play. Yes in the sunshine a little rain must fall, but as I said on another thread this is the best football I have ever seen watching the Albion, and like I have posted, quite a few agree.

It's a five year plan. Now get off the mans back, and be a little more supportive of all that is going on.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We could do with "Flash" ah ah saviour of the universe!!!!!...To be fair mate, you ain't too far behind pointing out, that i'm in there like a flash....In truth, i really don't dislike Poyet as much as many on here believe. It's just the hero worship I can't understand, for a manager who as yet, has achieved very little....f*** knows what it would be like on here, if he actually got us up.

What do you make of the football we play?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here