Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the benefit of our Southampton supporting member....

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
jul09manejordet1.jpg

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Red Bull Arena Leipzig

1269521975.jpg

Also take a look at some of the new stadiums being proposed by teams on a similar level to us. None of them look like the identikit bowl that St Marys is.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I don't get his logic, he is saying only smaller teams can have the flairer stadiums and the larger teams have to make do with a larger bowl, surely though a tupperware ikea ground is the cheap option reguardless of size?

03jul24airship3.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't get his logic, he is saying only smaller teams can have the flairer stadiums and the larger teams have to make do with a larger bowl, surely though a tupperware ikea ground is the cheap option reguardless of size?
redneb has delusions of grandeur when it comes to his club. It seems to be a common trait at stainhampton, where they all seem to think they are a Premiership club regardless of the fact that there are literally 50 clubs who could realistically lay claim to the 7 or 8 Premiership spots that aren't taken up by real big clubs at any one time. They just don't get the simple fact that to everyone else, Southampton are just another provincial club who happen to play in a newish ground. Sure, they outstayed their welcome at the top table, but only because Le Tissier carried more passengers than the 5a bus over the decade he was there.

Is Falmer not 22,500?
It is, for now. Easily configurable to host 30,000 by filling in the corners and putting another level on the east stand. However, 22,500 will probably be enough to ensure we have at least as many season ticket holders as Southampton next season.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
looks like a big vagina

You're right, we had tickets for the Clitoris Suite, but I couldn't find the entrance ... cue tumbleweed!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Reebok is a mightily impressive stadium I have to say.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Un f***ing believable !! Can't believe the point of this thread. Banding around stadium designs like they're hats at ascot.

So long the laughing stock with your leisure centre, Gillingham etc. Now you milk it for us much as you can, even though you'll get an average of 12k max next season.

Looking at all these pics, I'm actually quite pleased with our design. Some of them on here look positively ridiculous and will look more so when that stadia style is out of fashion.

Loads of albion fans who went to SMS the other week told me they were impressed by the noise we generated. I think the capacity, the ability to fill that capacity and of course the quality of football is slightly more important than whether the stadium looks like a potty or not.

In the words of Alan Partridge "Is this stadium injured"

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Un f***ing believable !! Can't believe the point of this thread. Banding around stadium designs like they're hats at ascot.

So long the laughing stock with your leisure centre, Gillingham etc. Now you milk it for us much as you can, even though you'll get an average of 12k max next season.

Looking at all these pics, I'm actually quite pleased with our design. Some of them on here look positively ridiculous and will look more so when that stadia style is out of fashion.

Loads of albion fans who went to SMS the other week told me they were impressed by the noise we generated. I think the capacity, the ability to fill that capacity and of course the quality of football is slightly more important than whether the stadium looks like a potty or not.

In the words of Alan Partridge "Is this stadium injured"

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here