Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For People pissed off with petrol prices

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Superseagull said:
No one seems to think twice about paying £1 for 1/2 litre bottle of coca cola or a bottle of water and they arn't taxed anywhere near like what petrol is. Why don't we boycott these products?

I don't spend £200 a month on coke though.

Which amounts to over £1500 TAX in a year :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Titanic said:
In August this year, diesel was between 1.05 and 1.15 EUROs per litre in France. On our day trip to San Sebastien in Spain it was 0.95 EUROs.

I wouldn't know about diesel as we buy sans plomb.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
MYOB said:
And instant death to whoever you crash into

SUV's have no rights to be on the road, and really should either be banned or taxed to f*** as they contribute more to road surface damage due to putting huge weight through 4 wheels.

A LandRover Discovery is hardly an SUV more like an agricultural vehicle. We have it to tow a horse box. You can't legally do that with any non 4x4 with horses in the trailer and you generaly have to pull them over muddy fields. It uses more fuel so we pay more tax.

You are right though and its quite comforting to know that any boy racer kid in his Fiat will cop it if he crashes into us :salute:

I was taking the piss about blocking the road. Its those ghastly MPV/people carriers I hate, at least we regularly have six kids plus driver in ours when its on the school run and it does 35+ mpg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here