Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For People pissed off with petrol prices

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yorkie said:
We were on holiday in France and it wasn't any cheaper over there.

In August this year, diesel was between 1.05 and 1.15 EUROs per litre in France. On our day trip to San Sebastien in Spain it was 0.95 EUROs.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
We're paying 56p a litre here......makes you realize how much Tony's creaming off doesn't it.:nono:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Titanic said:
In August this year, diesel was between 1.05 and 1.15 EUROs per litre in France. On our day trip to San Sebastien in Spain it was 0.95 EUROs.

Its Euro, and theres no plural. Euro and Cent, for any denomination.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
MYOB said:
Its Euro, and theres no plural. Euro and Cent, for any denomination.

Smart ars.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
dougdeep said:
Smart ars.

Just being accurate. Its not an acronym, so its not in capitals, and its already in plural form legally.

Just stuff you'll need to know when both Tony and Ken intend to lead you in :p

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
boycott bp?

but what about the old nectar points? is anyone else concerned that their points tally will be affected?

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
MYOB said:
Just being accurate. Its not an acronym, so its not in capitals, and its already in plural form legally.

Each of your "its" should be "it's". Just being accurate.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Drips said:
Positive. Send a squad of Seaford Urban Guerrillas along tomorrow to check it out!:mexican:

Drips you are correct. £102.9 is the price of ordinary unleaded at Sutton Corner, Seaford. (Texaco). Think I will go elsewhere

I know we are all millionaires in sunny Seaford but this is taking things too far.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
No one seems to think twice about paying £1 for 1/2 litre bottle of coca cola or a bottle of water and they arn't taxed anywhere near like what petrol is. Why don't we boycott these products?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
chip said:

Its ideal for taking the children to school in though as other cars can't get past when you stop outside making it much safer for the little ones.

And instant death to whoever you crash into

SUV's have no rights to be on the road, and really should either be banned or taxed to f*** as they contribute more to road surface damage due to putting huge weight through 4 wheels.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I say band SUV's and 4x4's unless you can prove your a farmer or live in Mud . . .not just up a gravel driveway

petrols expensive, fine with me, until 30 years ago it was only a minority who could afford cars, now people seem to think its their god given right to drive.

having said all that we have 8 cars !!! all bar 1 company car theyre classics though and don't do huge mileage. :rolleyes:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
saw a garage here in Bath - 99.8p per litre for unleaded. It can't go higher without getting a new display sign...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I posted this reply to a similar thread...........

So what your saying is you want to turn a narrow market(Oligopoly) into a monopoly so you get screwed royally every time you fill your tank? Oh and I doubt any oil company would be that financially exposed or they would be taken over.

Just stick to the MTV stuff and leave the book stuff to us, k?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
zefarelly said:
until 30 years ago it was only a minority who could afford cars, now people seem to think its their god given right to drive.

bingo!! That applies especially to 4x4 Mums and most americans....

I wonder if new cars were taxed more heavily would the obesity problem dissapear??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here