Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For People pissed off with petrol prices

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
if you run a diesel car, there are other fuels you can run it on, cooking oil, heating oil, red diesel, though all these are illegal,

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Drips said:
Wheres the most expensive place?

Today I saw Texeco, Seaford, Sutton Cnr 102.9p ffs!!! :eek:

Careful Drips. If you mention Seaford some folk on here don't like it!!

PS. That's where I get my petrol from. That's a lot of pennies for petrol. Sure it was not diesel?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I paid 89.9 for unleaded at Tescos

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I cycle to work sometimes. It saves me money and keeps me fit.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
I cycle to work sometimes. It saves me money and keeps me fit.

Ned cycles to walk - downhill there and uphill back.

I have the car but then I have to travel 24 miles a day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We now rarely use the car at all in the week.

And from now it will be Tescos, in fact I am going to France next Saturday so I may as well fill the car up over there.

Last weekend I actually filled the car up from empty in BP and it was £55 :eek: :eek:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
We now rarely use the car at all in the week.

And from now it will be Tescos, in fact I am going to France next Saturday so I may as well fill the car up over there.

Last weekend I actually filled the car up from empty in BP and it was £55 :eek: :eek:

It isn't any cheaper over there.

D

Drips

Gaffer said:
Careful Drips. If you mention Seaford some folk on here don't like it!!

PS. That's where I get my petrol from. That's a lot of pennies for petrol. Sure it was not diesel?

Positive. Send a squad of Seaford Urban Guerrillas along tomorrow to check it out!:mexican:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
tommy boy said:
i often walk to and from work and i live over an hour away, added to which i have to walk up bloody elm grove

walk up bear road for kicks :lolol:

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
This is a joke right?

The price of a barrel of oil, and hence the underlying price of a litre of petrol, is being set by a basic law of economics. Supply and demand.

If demand is inflexible. i.e. it can't go down, which it can't if the major economies are to keep going, then the price is mostly influenced by the supply side.

This is currently under pressure from the situation in the middle east, with oil production in Saudi being threatened by Muslim fundamentalist terrorists, oil production being manipulated by Iran in return for political concessions from western nations, and oil production in Iraq, still not fully back on stream, and again under threat of attack from Muslim terrorists.

Add to that the loss of 60 oil rigs to hurricane Katrina, and most of the refining capacity in the south of the USA.

...and you think some small amount of consumer boycot of two of the largest corporations on earth are going to have an effect.

You'r either off your trolley, or didn't keep up in remedial economics class.

If you want to influence the price of petrol, then the place to look is the British treasury, but I don't hold out much hope. The signs are that Gordy wants MORE of our cash.

Bah.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yorkie said:
Where do Tescos and Sainsburys get their petrol from? They don't have refineries.

The big oil companies. Like I said. BP, Texaco, Esso etc.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
binky said:

You'r either off your trolley, or didn't keep up in remedial economics class.

Was that the one where you had to bake cakes and stuff? I was pretty good at that.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Tesco's get their fuel from Statoil solely in Ireland, it could be a similar single-supplier deal in the UK.

Yorkie - petrol is cheaper -everywhere- in the EU than the EU. I'm paying 108.9 cent for diesel at my local Gougeol, err, Maxol, its nearly a pound (~133 cent) in the UK at similar stations, for instance; and we have the second highest taxation on fuel... so Beach Hut would save a bit filling up in France, but not much

Stevie_boy - not if the engine was made after abount 2003. Modern diesel engines just cannot be run on any old crap. If I even use old fashioned road diesel rather than ultra-low sulphur diesel you can hear my engine struggling - its the newest design of Fiat diesel...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
MYOB said:
Tesco's get their fuel from Statoil solely in Ireland, it could be a similar single-supplier deal in the UK.

Yorkie - petrol is cheaper -everywhere- in the EU than the EU. I'm paying 108.9 cent for diesel at my local Gougeol, err, Maxol, its nearly a pound (~133 cent) in the UK at similar stations, for instance; and we have the second highest taxation on fuel... so Beach Hut would save a bit filling up in France, but not much

We were on holiday in France and it wasn't any cheaper over there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
deisel was at least 15p a litre cheaper when we were in france compared to the price in the UK when we went there for the Le Harvre match.

However, here in Cyprus it's about 55cents (65p) a litre, as is petrol, the only dearer one is SuperUnleaded at 70p.

And they have clean streets, little crime, very little violent crime, tiny drugs problems, cheap beer, cheap ciggarettes, national and civic pride.

They enjoy healthy eating by choice; freshly grilled fish or meat, tomatoes that taste of tomatoes (remember them?) fresh fruit wherever you go; Or McDonalds big scrote burger and hydrogonised fries, or a processed meal for 2 with masses of salt, flavourings, additives, extra processed fat and reclaimed meat?

So our government is simply taxing us to f*** and goodness knows where it all goes. :angry: :angry:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Yorkie said:
We were on holiday in France and it wasn't any cheaper over there.

Don't buy it on the motorways. Anywhere, in fact, not just France.

(or indeed the British owned supermarket petrol stations in booze cruise areas)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here