Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For People pissed off with petrol prices

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I don't normally bother with such emails as this but this seems like a good idea to be repeated....

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it .

We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr.>

Someone offered this idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers.

With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.

If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.

It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people.

If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. .....and not buy at ESSO/BP

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE >

Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc.

Regards

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I received that a couple of weeks ago-needs more publicity for it to gain some momentum.

I'm not buying from Esso or BP but REFUSE to buy supermarket fuel so it's Shell for me.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
nail-Z-gull said:

So £1 a litre fuel is boring? Clearly you have too much money...

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I got this on an e-mail a couple of days and threw it straight to the recycle bin:p :lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
So rather than go to BP or ESSO people will go to the supermarkets who are supplied by the big oil companies anyway.
The ONLY way to hit oil companies where it hurts is simply to stop driving your car and not buy their petrol at all. However, that just isn't going to happen is it?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
B.M.F said:
I got this on an e-mail a couple of days and threw it straight to the recycle bin:p :lolol:

While people are doing that the price will rise & rise & rise. ;) Something needs to be done, although I realise posting it on NSC isn't gonna make a world of difference. It probably doesnt matter for people who work near their homes but for those of us who drive for a living it could be crippling. :(

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:
While people are doing that the price will rise & rise & rise. ;) Something needs to be done, although I realise posting it on NSC isn't gonna make a world of difference. It probably doesnt matter for people who work near their homes but for those of us who drive for a living it could be crippling. :(
It was called sarcasm young chesney:shootself

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:
Hence the wink slim :jester: You looking forward to the fighting later mate!! :lolol: Also, might have to wait til next weekend for your b'day mate - hope thats OK.

If I wanted to wait a week for my birthday I would have told the old dear to keep her legs crossed:lolol: Pikey Weddings, Don't you just love them. Even had to ask Moggy what Claires other half was called as am always to pissed to remember.:shootself

Tom Nicholls

Aug 21, 2005
Gloucester
Crisp Roast Duck with a Confit of Sour Cherries

Serves 4
1 x 4 lb (1.8 kg) Gressingham duck
fresh watercress, to garnish
coarse sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the confit of sour cherries:
3 oz (75 g) dried sour cherries
7 fl oz (200 ml) dry red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, for example)
1 oz (25 g) golden granulated sugar
1 tablespoon good-quality red wine vinegar
You will also need a roasting rack or some kitchen foil, and a roasting tin measuring 9 x 11 inches (23 x 28 cm), 2 inches (5 cm) deep.
Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 8, 450°F (230°C).

You need to start this recipe the day before you want to serve it by first soaking the cherries for the confit in the red wine overnight.

The next day, prepare the duck by wiping it as dry as possible with kitchen paper. Now, using a small skewer, prick the fatty bits of the duck's skin, particularly between the legs and the breast. Now either place the duck on the roasting rack in the tin or make a rack yourself by crumpling the kitchen foil and placing it in the bottom of the roasting tin. Season with coarse sea salt and freshly milled black pepper, using quite a lot of salt, as this encourages crunchiness. Now place the tin on the centre shelf of the pre-heated oven and roast the duck for 1 hour and 50 minutes. During the cooking time, using an oven glove to protect your hands, remove the tin from the oven and drain the fat from the corner of the tin – do this about 3 times (the fat is brilliant for roast potatoes, so don't throw it away).

Meanwhile, to make the confit, place the soaked cherries and wine in a saucepan, along with the sugar and wine vinegar. Bring the mixture up to a gentle simmer, give it all a good stir and let it barely simmer, without a lid, for 50 minutes to 1 hour, stirring from time to time. What will happen is that the wine will slowly reduce so there's only about 3 tablespoons of free liquid left.

When the cooking time is up, allow the duck to rest for 20 minutes or so, then carve and serve garnished with the fresh watercress, with the sour-cherry confit poured over each portion and the rest handed round separately in a jug.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rangdo said:
So rather than go to BP or ESSO people will go to the supermarkets who are supplied by the big oil companies anyway.
The ONLY way to hit oil companies where it hurts is simply to stop driving your car and not buy their petrol at all. However, that just isn't going to happen is it?

Where do Tescos and Sainsburys get their petrol from? They don't have refineries.

The vast majority of the price of a litre is tax to the Government.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Mr C said:
You see this is the problem.... apathy.

I don't care what you think:D

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Quoted by chez

"For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP."
(which now are one) ?.
Exxon, which ownes esso, and BP are totally separate multinational corporations and are not conected in any way.
If you are advocating such a campaign it would be advisable to get your facts right.
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

D

Drips

Wheres the most expensive place?

Today I saw Texeco, Seaford, Sutton Cnr 102.9p ffs!!! :eek:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Drips said:
Wheres the most expensive place?

Today I saw Texeco, Seaford, Sutton Cnr 102.9p ffs!!! :eek:

I think that was for diesel.