Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For even talking to Palace, or thinking of going to Palace...Murray is a complete....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I disagree whole heartedly. And to suggest that Murray doesn't see the rivalry as a proper rivalry is bollox BHA Express I'm afraid. It is a rivalry however it started. I think footballers with any brains or loyalty would not join a teams rivals. Let alone what a shit step back it is in football terms too. Fine if you can earn more money at a bigger club with a better team but he's done neither. Can't comprehend how you can defend Albion's top scorer moving to f***ing Palace I honestly can't.

I'm not happy about losing him either, he's the most complete striker I have seen in the stripes apart from Bobby Z for about 15 years, but these are the numbers being banded about.

We supposedly offered him £6,500 a week, and Palace offered him £10,000 a week. Over a three year contract that means that Palace are prepared to pay him £546,000 more than we are.

I am sure that if we had offered him an extra half million over that period he would have stayed. We're not talking about a few quid, it's half a f***ing million.

He's from Maryport, and whilst knows that Palace are our rivals underestimates the feeling towards a club that we have only played in three seasons out of the last twenty.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He's an idiot for doing so, but I do want to thank him for what he's done for us this season. Shame he's just a prick who cares only about money

I keep saying, if you were offered a big, not a small but a big increase in money, especially as you know that after this you are bound to earn a lot less you'd stay at your own job ? If you do so you're also a prick who only cares about money. If not you're just an idiot.

Last edited:

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
All footballers know if you move to their main rivals you will get stick, Spuds to Arsenal, Rangers to Celtic, R Madrid to Barca,etc etc.Murray gets what he gets.Let's not forget that in the time Poyet has been incharge certain other players have asked for more than the club was willing to offer and have either moved on or accepted it. The club moves on.The fans are entitled to react how they wish.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I disagree whole heartedly. And to suggest that Murray doesn't see the rivalry as a proper rivalry is bollox BHA Express I'm afraid. It is a rivalry however it started. I think footballers with any brains or loyalty would not join a teams rivals. Let alone what a shit step back it is in football terms too. Fine if you can earn more money at a bigger club with a better team but he's done neither. Can't comprehend how you can defend Albion's top scorer moving to f***ing Palace I honestly can't.

Why should any player give a toss about a club's rivalry ? I think you need to grow up. When you have a family that needs supporting then maybe you'll realise that all Murray is doing is taking care of his family. At his age he won't be getting as much money with his next contract and that's without him getting a career ending injury. After this next club it's pretty certain he'll be sliding back down the leagues. You look at what the majority of footballers do when they can't play anymore, most run pubs or sell insurance or drive taxis, Ian Mellor for example is a postman. It's not greed it's common sense.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why should any player give a toss about a club's rivalry ? I think you need to grow up. When you have a family that needs supporting then maybe you'll realise that all Murray is doing is taking care of his family. At his age he won't be getting as much money with his next contract and that's without him getting a career ending injury. After this next club it's pretty certain he'll be sliding back down the leagues. You look at what the majority of footballers do when they can't play anymore, most run pubs or sell insurance or drive taxis, Ian Mellor for example is a postman. It's not greed it's common sense.

How dare u turn a debate about football on a site about football into a personal insult?

So what part of my post was immature and suggested I need to grow up?

And name me one reason why you assume I haven't already got a family to support?

I'll remember that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not happy about losing him either, he's the most complete striker I have seen in the stripes apart from Bobby Z for about 15 years, but these are the numbers being banded about.

We supposedly offered him £6,500 a week, and Palace offered him £10,000 a week. Over a three year contract that means that Palace are prepared to pay him £546,000 more than we are.

I am sure that if we had offered him an extra half million over that period he would have stayed. We're not talking about a few quid, it's half a f***ing million.

He's from Maryport, and whilst knows that Palace are our rivals underestimates the feeling towards a club that we have only played in three seasons out of the last twenty.

My point is i'm a loyal person and i wouldn't move to a clubs main rival. That's my opinion. I would understand if he went somewhere else for more money that wasn't our rival. But worst of all you must be able to see palace is a backwards step football and career wise? It's a totally unambitious move and just about money. No drive to improve in his profession at a better club. Even my Palace mates admit it's a silly football move. We're a club going places and Palace, at the moment, are not...

As much as i disagree with most of your points, thanks for not throwing a personal insult in... I've suddenly gone off the need to discuss this matter and that's nothing against you.

Hdeagle

May 17, 2011
Palace are no longer cash-strapped and whether Murray joins Palace or not we will always be rivals as history dictates.

Good to have some real rivals to play once again.

Our combined wealth of our prudent owners is about £2bn and they are all life-long Palace fans and will re-build the club as they feel fit.

Relegated Sheffield United had a wage bill of £13m and that is not sustainable outside of the Premiership.

Our owners have said that funds will be made available but they will not just splash the cash for the sake of it as they are all successful businessmen and will learn from our previous owners mistakes and live within our means.

Palace fans paid off a lot of the creditors like the St Johns Ambulance by fund-raising, just to put the record straight.

The uncertainty of Administration is not something that I would like any football fans to suffer. but I think that it is round the corner for many clubs who live above their means.

Looking forward to playing you again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here