Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For even talking to Palace, or thinking of going to Palace...Murray is a complete....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can you imagine the reaction of this lot if they had been supporting MUFC in 1975, and having sold Dennis Law to City, he subsequently relegated United at the end of the season?

I think The Samaritans would have been working overtime.

Just because you contibute hundreds of times to a thread or however much you shout doesnt mean you are right. People clearly pissed off ie my non posting mates who were in the pub and I can assure you they are way further up the social ladder than many of the NSC lot you see at the games.

Messageboards are for opinions, seems most people are pissed off. Accept it and don't fight it. Your life will be better

**edit , personally I am not pissed off anymore, f*** Murray , Gus didn't value him all that and I trust him more than any one else.**

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Ahh.........but you forget

1: He wasn't very good in the first place
2: £100,000 a year extra isn't very much
3: He only tried in his final season as he was looking for a contract elsewhere.

All true?......................... The swine!
I hear he sometimes had problems with his waving arm.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Is he really going to get another £100k a year? If so, I think I could put up with 180mins of Judas chants a year in exchange for paying my mortgage off for LIFE (which is want some of our supporters ought to get by the way!)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
at the end of the day, he was out of contract so "judas" type comments arent really applicable.

dumb mug, for going from an aspiring team to a team of relegation strugglers for the sake of a few thousand pounds. i will chuckle as we push the playoffs while he is struggleing in a relegation fight, if he does end up there.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Can you imagine the reaction of this lot if they had been supporting MUFC in 1975, and having sold Dennis Law to City, he subsequently relegated United at the end of the season?

Don't you think they just might have been 'a bit peeved' back then, up there?
Shit, they were going barmy about their loyal servant - just as well he didn't celebrate or he'd have been strung up!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think that it's clear that he doesn't give a shit what we think and it's not really gonna affect his life at all. The extra 100 to 200k will. Gus set a limit on what he'd pay him, so although we think we can tell a players worth, we are used to watching shit for the most part, Gus has done rather better than that throughout his career. If Gus doesn't think he's worth what he's asking that's fine with me and is obviously fine with Glenn. :bigwave:

After first hearing the news i remember putting my head in my hands and wailing "why Glenn, Why?" I couldn't see how i would be able to carry on, it seemed so decietful, so cruel.

But as they say time is a great healer and 15 seconds later i have moved on with my life.

That said, if El Abd or anyone else for that matter should kick him hard enough to land in he WSU next season i would give a little cheer.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Not sure why some people want to excuse it, and rationalize his moving to a 'higher paid job' blah blah.
Do you lot think the players who do stay with us are only the ones who are so bad we're doing them a favour?

Murray did 'okay' with us, basically all you'd hope or expect from a league 1 striker. I can't see that his workrate was SPECIAL, it might have looked special by his standards....!
He's older, he's up a division, and he might not get the same service as he did with us.

Also, if we are thinking Gus is a better manager than theirs, whose success was keeping them from relegation (only because SU and others below were so poor they didn't pick up a single point for several matches when palace were also losing weekly), then wonder at how murray is going to prosper with that lot.

Career move..... not a good one in my opinion.
Worth booing? Yes wtf not? Try telling the North Stand he's "worth respecting, got us promoted, making more wages"
Will he get to play at The Amex? Maybe, .... maybe not.
Will he get to play at a wonderful home stadium? Absolutely........ not!

Can you really judge a man by his salary? WGAF about f***ing salary, do I want to kiss his arse or understand his leaving my club because he's getting more money?! ??? f*** no.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Is he really going to get another £100k a year? If so, I think I could put up with 180mins of Judas chants a year in exchange for paying my mortgage off for LIFE (which is want some of our supporters ought to get by the way!)

Would you travel further to a shitty unsuccessful job in a crap environment just because there was a percentage better wages?

We'll see how he gets on though, shall we?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

The one and only time I went to Old Trafford to see MUFC I was surrounded by Dutch/Scandinavians/Londoners.........I doubt they even realised there was another team in Manchester.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I hope he joins saints. An in offensive side that mean nothing to us and maybe he can help them beat the shits from Fratton and Palace

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I broadly agree with the sentiments of this post. It was always clear Murray was going to go for the best deal he could, age 27, and it is no coincidence his best season is the last of his contract. This was confirmed for me at the seafront parade where he was sheepish and couldn't wait to go home.

Where he is misguided is that fans have long memories - good and bad - and he's passed up the chance to be respected and admired by Brighton fans for ever, particularly if he does end up signing for Palarse. Some might argue, this doesn't pay the mortgage. But in the end money isn't everything and it can't buy you the status a club hero has. And this often leads to work post-retirement, ask Johnny Byrne, Richard Carpenter, Danny Cullip, Guy Butters, Paul Watson, Charlie Oatway, Paul Rogers, Norman Gall.

He clearly DOES care what fans think which is why his agent drafted the 'thanks to the fans' release. But this won't cut much ice when he ships up at the AmEx next season.

PG

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ahh.........but you forget

1: He wasn't very good in the first place
2: £100,000 a year extra isn't very much
3: He only tried in his final season as he was looking for a contract elsewhere.

Exactly. He really was rubbish wasn't he?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Some people on here ought to get a proper perspective:

1. Murray more than helped us get promotion, he was a key component in the team so for that we should be extremely grateful to him
2. Gus/Tony seem quite relaxed about him leaving otherwise they would've done more earlier to keep him
3. Hopefully there will be more Hoskins-like signings in the pipeline, Muzza was aware of his arrival some time ago and has been making plans to leave for some time
4. He's never been disrespectful to Brighton and there's no reason to suppose that he'll do a Hammond, if he ends up at Palace he's not doing it to spite you or me
5. Yes, Palace are our hated rivals but when we took on board Coppell, Taylor, Hinshelwood, Mullery (2nd stint after cpfc) etc., did all you "I hate Murray 'cos he's going to Palace" heads stop supporting BHAFC or sound off in such an irate way because of the Palace connection?

Show Muzza some respect or just move on, he has, and there's more exciting signings to look forward to

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Those people trying to excuse his behaviour in joining Palace (if that's where he goes) astound me. FFS, we're supposed to be FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS, of course we should be pissed off if our top scorer walks out on us to our biggest rivals over a few extra quid, showing utterly no professional ambition in the process.

It's true that loyalty is a thing of the past in football, but that doesn't mean we should accept it or not give a shit when a total lack of it is shown. If he joins Palace I wish Murray nothing but ill.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I hope he joins saints. An in offensive side that mean nothing to us and maybe he can help them beat the shits from Fratton and Palace

Almost as bas as joining Palace in my book. He won't understand the old rivalry with Palace as much but has lived through the recent SCC rivalry, so more of a conscious snub to us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Almost as bas as joining Palace in my book. He won't understand the old rivalry with Palace as much but has lived through the recent SCC rivalry, so more of a conscious snub to us.

Doubt he was even aware of the rivalry with scc unless he is a member on here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here