Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For even talking to Palace, or thinking of going to Palace...Murray is a complete....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
All these murray threads and the anger shown by some posters* just makes me think of those arguments you see where one person is totally losing it, going totally apeshit, and the other is just stood there nonchalant and it just makes the ones going nuts seem more ridiculous.

I am a little confused by the people who post with the impression they are the lone voice of composure and everyone else here is going nuts in attacking him, they're not, there's plenty taking a reasonable attitude, even if promising to boo him when he returns. (No, this isn't directed at El Pres, but the people who post as if every single post is a violent threat against Murray)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Why bother heaping abuse ? The bloke was offered a better deal, he has no ties to the club or the area (not that it matters in any case) but as a professional footballer he has a right to make the best living he can while he can, just like anybody else. The fact that he's spoken to Palace is unfortunate in some ways but frankly, he was a free agent and like the rest of us, has the right to go where he pleases. It's all about freedom of choice, something most people take for granted and sine the Bosman ruling, so do professional footballers.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I still think people are over reacting, good player yes. But he is no Zamora and he is 28 in September. I would say he is not going to get any better from now on and he is unproven at championship level. We offered him what we thought he was worth and I for one am glad we stuck by our guns on that. We should be pleased that we are not paying over the odds for an average championship striker imho and that is very much an unknown. Palace have got a good player but he is not world beater and prone to sulking, which is more likely to happen than not, with the service he will get there.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Good luck to him i say we got our money's worth out of him all i'm bothered about is that the mighty seagulls go marching on....He will be the one that regrets his move when he comes to the Amex and gets his arse whooped

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Its all pretty much been said. He had one great season for us, and without him I doubt we would have got promoted. That said, he was playing in a good team, but we all know that the previous couple of seasons he had not set the place alight. I would like to thank him for what he did for us, and wish him well for the future.

However, any player who joins his former clubs biggest rivals can't expect most people to be happy about it, and to subsequently welcome him back at future games without Judas chants etc which is a shame.

Its not a done deal yet, and as has been reported loads of times he appears to be a bit of a loner/odd ball, so I suspect he doesn't give a shit anyway. At least if he does go to Palace I dont see them being much of a challenge next season as they are financially strapped. What would be interesting would be if it happens, and he scores for them against us at the Amex and then gives it the "big un" like Hammond did for Saints, he is going to get 20,0000 angry Albion fans giving him some stick!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Can you imagine the reaction of this lot if they had been supporting MUFC in 1975, and having sold Dennis Law to City, he subsequently relegated United at the end of the season?

I think The Samaritans would have been working overtime.

Yes especially as MIFC pedants would tell you it's "Denis". As is Bergkamp. And Healey.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
he was offered more money lalalalala .....the man spoke to palace ...FACT..........this post does not come from anger, it comes from paying the wages of a man who has no integrity.

for those who correlate this to office jobs or similar, it is completely different and you know it.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Was speaking to a Brighton player last night, and he said Brighton offered him 6k a week, Palace offered him 10k a week. Dunno if this has been said on here.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am really not that bothered by this but beware the team he goes to he takes a while to settle in and is also very aloof for some reason.

You have to trust Gus as if we really wanted him to stay I am sure we would have matched the wages he wanted. There will be plenty of good players available and I suspect Gus has lost the will to live with messages from agents already and a great start by recruiting Hoskins.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
he was offered more money lalalalala .....the man spoke to palace ...FACT..........this post does not come from anger, it comes from paying the wages of a man who has no integrity.

for those who correlate this to office jobs or similar, it is completely different and you know it.

So if somebody offered you a substantial pay rise you'd refuse it ? Integrity is expensive and as he was no longer our player anyway what has integrity got to do with it ? What does it matter what a person does for a living ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Out of interest, do you think the Albion should sack Martin Hinshelwood, and not have offered the manager's job to Peter Taylor and Steve Coppell because they had connections with Palace?

I presume the same would apply to Neil Smillie, one of our Cup Final players from 1983.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Out of interest, do you think the Albion should sack Martin Hinshelwood, and not have offered the manager's job to Peter Taylor and Steve Coppell because they had connections with Palace?

I presume the same would apply to Neil Smillie, one of our Cup Final players from 1983.

Would of been an idea, Hinsh as boss was awful , Coppell ultimately took us down then f***ed off and Taylor f***ed off but granted did carry on Adams good work.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
In the grand scheme of things - why should a guy from oop north give 2 shits about the whole Brighton/Palace rivalry - To a northerner this is all just good business.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Would only have scored half his total without Bennett assists-just guessing,mind.Not good enough for Championship,thanks and goodbye Glenda:bigwave:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How can people defend a move to Palace?! HOW?! Anyone else and there wouldn't be this hatred. He had 90 NINETY to choose from...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How can people defend a move to Palace?! HOW?! Anyone else and there wouldn't be this hatred. He had 90 NINETY to choose from...

Easily, if they offered him the best cash why shouldn't he ? He is not a Brighton fan and probably, like the vast majority of people, cannot understand why we have a rivalry with Palace, especially when you bear in mind we've played Brentford and Orient far more times in the last 20 years.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Easily, if they offered him the best cash why shouldn't he ? He is not a Brighton fan and probably, like the vast majority of people, cannot understand why we have a rivalry with Palace, especially when you bear in mind we've played Brentford and Orient far more times in the last 20 years.

He can do whatever he likes but as football fans it is our duty to now get on his back for it

Who cares about reasoned thinkign when he has gone to our most hated

Bring on the Murray baiting. Can only add to the fixture

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
He's an idiot for doing so, but I do want to thank him for what he's done for us this season. Shame he's just a prick who cares only about money

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

He didn't have 90 offering him £10,000 a week though.

Look at it like this, if he is a shit as many make out, we have MUGGED Palace into paying way over the odds, and f***ed over their playing budget for next season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

He didn't have 90 offering him £10,000 a week though.

Look at it like this, if he is a shit as many make out, we have MUGGED Palace into paying way over the odds, and f***ed over their playing budget for next season.

I disagree whole heartedly. And to suggest that Murray doesn't see the rivalry as a proper rivalry is bollox BHA Express I'm afraid. It is a rivalry however it started. I think footballers with any brains or loyalty would not join a teams rivals. Let alone what a shit step back it is in football terms too. Fine if you can earn more money at a bigger club with a better team but he's done neither. Can't comprehend how you can defend Albion's top scorer moving to f***ing Palace I honestly can't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here