Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For Anyone Thinking Of Voting Conservative...

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
With apologies as I know this is a football chatboard ( to which I often contribute ), but I have to get this of my chest ahead of Thursday.

Be very careful if you're thinking of voting for the Tories looking for a change for the better. I can remember the Thatcher era and believe me, it was not nice. Cameron talks about a compassionate outlook...mmm, let me think about that for a second. The prospect of Cameron and Osborne at the helm of this country fills me with absolute dread. Also, Cameron's warning of the dangers of a hung parliament is quite contrary to the expectation and hope of many people who think a coalition ( much better calling it that, rather than a hung parliament ) - hopefully between the Lib Dems and Labour, will produce a more balanced and less autocratic Government.

I will be voting Lib Dem in Mid Sussex and, hopefully, if others follow suit, we will be rid of Nicholas Soames - another one who fills me with despair.

Rant over. :angry:

Up the Albion.

D

Deleted User X18H

With apologies as I know this is a football chatboard ( to which I often contribute ), but I have to get this of my chest ahead of Thursday.

Be very careful if you're thinking of voting for the Tories looking for a change for the better. I can remember the Thatcher era and believe me, it was not nice. Cameron talks about a compassionate outlook...mmm, let me think about that for a second. The prospect of Cameron and Osborne at the helm of this country fills me with absolute dread. Also, Cameron's warning of the dangers of a hung parliament is quite contrary to the expectation and hope of many people who think a coalition ( much better calling it that, rather than a hung parliament ) - hopefully between the Lib Dems and Labour, will produce a more balanced and less autocratic Government.

I will be voting Lib Dem in Mid Sussex and, hopefully, if others follow suit, we will be rid of Nicholas Soames - another one who fills me with despair.

Rant over. :angry:

Up the Albion.

I remember the Thatcher era and it was bloody marvellous! Bring it back please.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
What ! Maggie was a legend and got Great Britain backs on it's feet. Cameron is ready to step up to the helm and bring back the glory days.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Tell you what...you vote for who you want and I'll vote for who I want and let's save all this preachy bollocks, eh?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can remember the Thatcher era and believe me, it was not nice. Cameron talks about a compassionate outlook...mmm, let me think about that for a second. The prospect of Cameron and Osborne at the helm of this country fills me with absolute dread.

There's no comparison between the two eras.

Cameron and Osborne are nice but dim. Tory Lite.

Whereas Thatcher was one evil malevolent bitch.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
For anyone thinking of voting Conservative...

Don't worry about it, it'll all be fine. No need to waste the energy going down the polling station. Just stay at home and leave it for somebody else, after all that's the Tory way. Seriously, there's absolutely no need. Don't vote, don't bother. Please, DO NOT GO AND VOTE

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well it's not as if Tim can vote for a party that supports the 'working' classes is it ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I live in Lewes constituency, so realistically it's either the Tories or Norman Baker. :(

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I remember the Thatcher era and it was bloody marvellous! Bring it back please.

It was good for yuppies but shit for many a working person. I don't condone violence against women but I'm sure I'm not the only man who would like to see Thatcher get a slap.

Still, I haven't yet decided who to vote for so the reminder about Thatcher is a timely reminder about how shit the Tories are.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Please, this thread is shite.

Just a bunch of people venting their spleens and massaging their prejudices. I seriously doubt anyone, and I mean ANYONE, is gonna take a blind bit of notice about this thread when considering who to vote for.

Tories are mean, they eat babies. Labour are work-shy spendthrifts. They're warmongers. Lib Dems - nuclear power no thanks, not sure and yes please. They wear a pin stripe suit with a rip at the knees. The Greens are really commies.

There - that's all the ill-informed nonsense summed up in one paragraph. Can we have this site return to a football forum, please?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
yeah another thread telling people how to vote.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Under Labour social mobility has decreased,the gap between rich and poor has increased,unemployment in the 16-25 age group is at record levels, claimants on incapacity benefit have trebled the prison population has grown by 25000,the drug and drink problem is a national disgrace could he Tories do any worse?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I literally cannot wait to go and vote for the ONLY option that will save this country. And it is not the Lib Dems, and I would rather pour the piss from a Palace urinal over my head before I consider ticking a box for the utter scum who have ruined this country for the past 14 years or so. I guess I must be the other one on here then. If you want the labour party to continue to tear this country to shreads for another 5 years, putting the final nails into coffin GB, then vote for the ***** in red. If not, vote for ANYONE but the reds.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another Tory vote here.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what has a PM from half a generation ago got to do with our election today? especially when New Labour was Thatherite in many aspects.

Don't worry about it, it'll all be fine. No need to waste the energy going down the polling station. Just stay at home and leave it for somebody else, after all that's the Tory way.

?? not sure if you jest, because if not you've got something seriously wrong in your political compass, Tory's are about doing something for yourself, Labour is about reliance on others (the state mostly).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here