Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For all you West Ham haters

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tribune Messala said:
Can someone tell me whether West Ham could have bought Tevez and what loophole did they attempt to exploit through this third party arrangement.

Part of it was that he was signed for a knocked down fee, but I pressume when it came to selling him the third party would get a large chunk of any profit.

However how much does this differ to the arrangement Leeds used to sign players such as Viduka?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Dave the Gaffer said:
I suppose I am one of those who have a pathological hatred of west ham...dont get me wrong, I think they have some decent fans, certainly I know a few who are really good blokes, however my judgement goes back to the 70's and 80's, when in my late childhood, attending games between Brighton and WH, without a shadow of a doubt, wh were the nastiest, violent, racist fans I ever encountered.

The behaviour of their fans at various home games and indeed the away games, both inside and outside the grounds I attended left its mark on me ( several in fact) and perhaps we are all supposed to believe they have all grown up and become such nice " cheeky cockney chaps" just doesnt wash.

Do I wish they go down......I am not really that fussed. They broke the rules, were fined and that is that....!

Spot on....West Ham are not cheery, 'appy fellas at all. I doubt it is much different these days.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
If we really examine our feelings about this..is it really about league rules being exploited and weak willed governance by the Premier league officials or is it the old chestnut of one rule for the 'big name' clubs and another for the rank and file clubs who have much less history and tradition?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here