Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2014

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
13 games in and currently Top, lost one game to QPR drew a couple inc away to Yeovil 0-0 !

Out in 2nd round of league cup to Leyton Orient.

Biggest win 1-6 away to the Brummies, Barnes is on fire for me 10 in 10 games (called up to Austrian Squad!) Ulloa has 7 and 9 assists!

Greer/Calde/Brez out loads of youth out on Loan. Carlton Cole in on a free, Nicky Maynard in on loan as Barnes out for 6 games. Spanish Dave/KLL are on fire as well, Attacking MF's left and right.

Bridders keeps demanding a TFR - will prob let him go in Jan.

Going well so far. Liking the new interface now am used to it a bit more. 10 year plan to win Champs league!

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Won the Championship W29 D9 L8 +42 96 points (Middlesborough 2nd with 87 points) .... Dunk was my best player 7.88 over 36(2) games ..... Lualua scored the most goals 21 in 23(11) games ..... Just signed my 1st major player for next season Nicklas Bendtner from Arsenal on a 53K 5 year deal for 3.4MIL, bargin !!!

Time to go back on FM13 untill the full game comes out then I guess.

Last edited:

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I'm half way through the second season and Lewis Dunk is now being classed as being a top premiership player and has just been called up for England..... slightly unrealistic!

Also, Bridcutt has been an absolute nightmare from the very beginning - wanting to transfer but no clubs will bid for him. I tried to offer him a new contract and he wanted £39k a week, so will definitely be leaving at the end of the season when his contract is up.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Got promoted and won the league whilst being 6 points clear - promoted alongside Wigan and Derby.

Bridcutt doesnt really fit into the team for many it seems, so selling as early as possible would get you more money. I play 3-4-3 with Crofts and Andrews in the middle, even Agustien (who i just sold to Blackburn for 925k) was better than Bridcutt, who went to Fulham who got relegated when i went up.

Just signed Vydra on a free transfer too, better than my previous loanee Connor Wickham, who wanted stupidly high wages and the fee would have been £10M.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Got promoted and won the league whilst being 6 points clear - promoted alongside Wigan and Derby.

Bridcutt doesnt really fit into the team for many it seems, so selling as early as possible would get you more money. I play 3-4-3 with Crofts and Andrews in the middle, even Agustien (who i just sold to Blackburn for 925k) was better than Bridcutt, who went to Fulham who got relegated when i went up.

Just signed Vydra on a free transfer too, better than my previous loanee Connor Wickham, who wanted stupidly high wages and the fee would have been £10M.

who do you play on the wings? i would have thought having david lopez or bruno on the right might work as they can play a bit defensively but having buckley and lua lua playing would be suicide?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I've just finished the 1st season with Albion, securing 2nd spot behind Derby.

Just in the process of revamping the squad ready for an assault on the EPL. I've agreed to sign Vydra on a free, Ongenda (young ST from PSG) and Michael Keane (young CB from Man Utd). I'm in need of a first choice LB and RB, as well as a back-up CM. Other than that, I think I'm happy enough with the squad.

A 4-2-3-1 possession-based formation saw me comfortably through the Championship, although it wasn't always reliable away from home, so I probably need to train an additional tactic over pre-season.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
In other iterations of FM I've found 4-2-3-1 works wonders at home but a 2nd striker seems to be needed away to convert draws to wins

That said there are often good tweaks to a lop-sided 4-1-2-2-1 type standard formation that can work wonders with the right players allowing the same 11 players but ever so slightly more attacking look to 4-2-3-1

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm still playing an FM12 career I started a few months ago. Five seasons in, having started unemployed (but with international footballer reputation) and I've won the Dutch league with Feyenoord and just now, the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen. About to properly hit the transfer window for a few new players, and hopefully to sell a couple to allow some talented youngsters some time in the first team. If I get offered a really massive job I may leave, but otherwise I think I'll stick around at Leverkusen for at least another season.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm still playing an FM12 career I started a few months ago. Five seasons in, having started unemployed (but with international footballer reputation) and I've won the Dutch league with Feyenoord and just now, the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen. About to properly hit the transfer window for a few new players, and hopefully to sell a couple to allow some talented youngsters some time in the first team. If I get offered a really massive job I may leave, but otherwise I think I'll stick around at Leverkusen for at least another season.

That sounds like a decent game. What leagues are you running?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I had been plaing as Brighton but got sacked last night following our 4-0 VICTORY away at Doncaster. Apparently it was due to me not turning up at a board meeting. I checked my mail and I cant see ever being invited to a board meeting!!!

Anyway, took over at Oxford who were bottom of League 2. I must say I like the interview feature. I didn't bother with FM2013 so not sure if it was in that but it does make it feel a lot more realistic.

On a side note, since sacking me Brighton have not won, a run going back 6 games now. This pleases me greatly as they replaced me with Roy Keane!!!!!!!!

Anybody unearthed any gems yet. I like many others signed Carlton Cole who seems to do OK. I also signed Billy Sharp on loan who was toilet and got sent back after not scoring in 8 games.

Does this beta version have a time limit like the demos or does it run & run? Not long to wait until the full release anyway is there.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
That sounds like a decent game. What leagues are you running?

Quite a few. All leagues from England, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil, Holland and Belgium I think. Computer doesn't run it super-quickly but I don't mind - one of the things I like the most is just looking at the football "universe" developing. Already got a few newgens in the team and I'm expecting quite a few more to come in over the coming seasons.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I had been plaing as Brighton but got sacked last night following our 4-0 VICTORY away at Doncaster. Apparently it was due to me not turning up at a board meeting. I checked my mail and I cant see ever being invited to a board meeting!!!

Anyway, took over at Oxford who were bottom of League 2. I must say I like the interview feature. I didn't bother with FM2013 so not sure if it was in that but it does make it feel a lot more realistic.

On a side note, since sacking me Brighton have not won, a run going back 6 games now. This pleases me greatly as they replaced me with Roy Keane!!!!!!!!

Anybody unearthed any gems yet. I like many others signed Carlton Cole who seems to do OK. I also signed Billy Sharp on loan who was toilet and got sent back after not scoring in 8 games.

Does this beta version have a time limit like the demos or does it run & run? Not long to wait until the full release anyway is there.

I've signed a few Barca B players :facepalm: as they are pretty good and really cheap also resigned noone for 35k in my 2nd season he's been really good so far! going to try sell Bendter in the jan window as he's been pony :facepalm: I don't think there is a time limit I thought it was for just 1 season but seems to be the full game just with bugs.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
I've signed a few Barca B players :facepalm: as they are pretty good and really cheap also resigned noone for 35k in my 2nd season he's been really good so far! going to try sell Bendter in the jan window as he's been pony :facepalm: I don't think there is a time limit I thought it was for just 1 season but seems to be the full game just with bugs.

Have you noticed many bugs then?

I'm thinking me not getting an invite to the board meeting I mentioned may have been a bug.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006

I've struggled to find any real gems. The best advice I can give is to play Dunk as much as possible so he improves to be a "Leading Premiership player" midway through the second season (if you get promoted in the first season), I've just sold him to Liverpool in my second season for £13mil. I probably could have got more but he was miserable and being disruptive so i just wanted to get rid.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
I've struggled to find any real gems. The best advice I can give is to play Dunk as much as possible so he improves to be a "Leading Premiership player" midway through the second season (if you get promoted in the first season), I've just sold him to Liverpool in my second season for £13mil. I probably could have got more but he was miserable and being disruptive so i just wanted to get rid.

Dunk, really? So far he has only played when the other 3 defenders, Greer, Upson & El Abd have been unavailable. Maybe when I start again I'll have to swap him with either Upson or Greer or even play 3 centre backs

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well the game seems to quit a fair for bit which can be very annoying.

You are playing with the Beta version so bugs should be expected. Theres people all over the world right now plugging away at FM identifying bugs, sending them in and SI are working overtime to get them already for launch next week.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Does anyone know if Yaya Sanogo is any good on FM14? He was quite a good player for me on FM12

Sanogo's History.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here