Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football league fixtures officaial thread.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
According to my Norwich-supporting colleague, the last train back to London from Norwich leaves around 10pm, but he thinks they might put an extra one on a football night. Not sure about that, but would be good if they could.

That fixture, for reasons of a) being a proud UEA man with a lot of affection for the fine city of Norwich and b) having a nephew who now also attends that great institution, will be a right old Leo Sayer/two dayer for me, midweek or not.

The Lillie Langtry. The Mischief. The Ribs of Beef. The Lawyer. The Adam and Eve. The Edith Cavell. Pedros....finely-remembered great old watering holes from my youth, ALL of which I intend to revisit. If I'm not sick on the pavement of Carrow Road itself before kick-off, I'll have failed.

Might even go to the grotty Mitre and we only ever went there because it was £1 a pint on Monday nights and they had free crisps at the bar.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surprised no one has really noted Yeovil at Home last game of the season.

Could be massive...clinches a play off place for us while Slade dooms his old club to relegation.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
That fixture, for reasons of a) being a proud UEA man with a lot of affection for the fine city of Norwich and b) having a nephew who now also attends that great institution, will be a right old Leo Sayer/two dayer for me, midweek or not.

The Lillie Langtry. The Mischief. The Ribs of Beef. The Lawyer. The Adam and Eve. The Edith Cavell. Pedros....finely-remembered great old watering holes from my youth, ALL of which I intend to revisit. If I'm not sick on the pavement of Carrow Road itself before kick-off, I'll have failed.

Might even go to the grotty Mitre and we only ever went there because it was £1 a pint on Monday nights and they had free crisps at the bar.

Might have to join you ;)

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
And very rare to start and finish the season with home games...when did that last happen I wonder ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
3 away games and one home game over the Christmas new year period!

:mad:

Cant make the first two home game sso there is two ST's I have to get rid of

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Might have to join you ;)

Be honoured matey...bit of this:

Norwich_centre11.JPG

Followed by this:
2004-03-07CarrowRoad.jpg

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace

Hog in Armour ? ....Ten bells? ...Ferryboat....Golden star ?...circa 1980

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Hog in Armour ? ....Ten bells? ...Ferryboat....Golden star ?...circa 1980

The Jacquard. The Pottergate Tavern. Pizza One Pancakes Two ("if the first one don't get you the second one do" - a slogan cheesier than the pizzas and so nonsensical it's actually quite brilliant). RIP all.

I hope everyone else is enjoying reading all this FREE information about Norwich fleshpots of the 80s and 90s. I know I would.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Jacquard. The Pottergate Tavern. Pizza One Pancakes Two ("if the first one don't get you the second one do" - a slogan cheesier than the pizzas and so nonsensical it's actually quite brilliant). RIP all.

I hope everyone else is enjoying reading all this FREE information about Norwich fleshpots of the 80s and 90s. I know I would.

Is there still a pub called The Murderers? And one called the Plasterers (cue getting Plastered jokes). I also remember one called the Wherry.

I wasn't at UEA but I had a few friends who went there and I seem to have spent lots of weekends in Norwich - a fine place, despite the six-fingered inhabitants.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is there still a pub called The Murderers? And one called the Plasterers (cue getting Plastered jokes). I also remember one called the Wherry.

I wasn't at UEA but I had a few friends who went there and I seem to have spent lots of weekends in Norwich - a fine place, despite the six-fingered inhabitants.

I had to Google them: the Murderers rings a bell - that's clearly one pub name dreamed up by the marketing men. As for the Plasterers and Wherry...well there'll be only one way to find out if they're still around: it's a fine city, as all the signs say; the perfect one for a lengthy pub crawl.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I had to Google them: the Murderers rings a bell - that's clearly one pub name dreamed up by the marketing men. As for the Plasterers and Wherry...well there'll be only one way to find out if they're still around: it's a fine city, as all the signs say; the perfect one for a lengthy pub crawl.

The Wherry does still exist. Was in there last year. Where it is who knows. Great city for boozers...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Engineering work on the tube on the weekend of the Millwall game :angry:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Engineering work on the tube on the weekend of the Millwall game :angry:

very easy to get to overground though

Also, does anyone know why Wycombe away on 28th December is at 7.45? I know it's a Monday but is also a Bank Holiday and would have thought this should be an afternoon k/o?

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Just seen the fixtures: top months: November and February. Bring it on

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
For someone who has been to both, is it easier to go to Stockport or Oldham on the train? I know Oldham is a bit of a shithole, but is stockport any better? Just trying to decide which one to definately go to and mark on the calendar, if we are doing well though ill go to both.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
For someone who has been to both, is it easier to go to Stockport or Oldham on the train? I know Oldham is a bit of a shithole, but is stockport any better? Just trying to decide which one to definately go to and mark on the calendar, if we are doing well though ill go to both.

You can catch a direct train from Euston to Stockport, and with Oldham you will have to change at Manchester

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here