Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Following expansion, the Amex will be the 21st largest club stadium in England...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bigger than Birmingham, Stoke, Bolton, West Brom, Fulham, Norwich, Palace :D

The highlighted clubs on that list are basically noddy clubs (to me anyway), we're setting ourselves higher these days. Great to be bigger than Birmingham though, Britains second city. The BEAST from the south coast is finally back.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
next season (after december) it will be 27th between Molineux and the britannia, it will be bigger than the Mad stad and shithurst park :rave:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The highlighted clubs on that list are basically noddy clubs (to me anyway), we're setting ourselves higher these days. Great to be bigger than Birmingham though, Britains second city. The BEAST from the south coast is finally back.

I think we would be very pleased to enjoy some of the success of those 'noddy' clubs cheeky. They recently have an FA cup win and European campaign behind them. Not to mention loads of seasons in the top flight. I will personally label them noddy clubs when we've had success above theirs;)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think we would be very pleased to enjoy some of the success of those 'noddy' clubs cheeky. They recently have an FA cup win and European campaign behind them. Not to mention loads of seasons in the top flight. I will personally label them noddy clubs when we've had success above theirs;)

Of course it's true GCCM, but you can't help but have an inbuilt personal sense of noddy towards certain clubs, as irrational as it might seem (if that makes any sense) and I don't doubt that those clubs listed see us as something lesser than noddy themselves.
:)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure how Stoke qualify as noddy, [MENTION=525]Cheeky Monkey[/MENTION]. They've got a big history and decent sized support. Norwich are not far behind them, and had 22,000 season ticket holders in division THREE recently. Both sides have won proper trophies.

Palace had a gate of 51,000 once, but gates dipped to 4,000 only one relegation and 5 years later - which obviously is the sign of a true no-mark noddy outfit. :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Surely now we'll get the odd England U21 game too

Since when have England U21 games been odd? And how do you know they are going to be odd until they start playing? It's a big question that needs answering.

I'm not sure how Stoke qualify as noddy, [MENTION=525]Cheeky Monkey[/MENTION]. They've got a big history and decent sized support. Norwich are not far behind them, and had 22,000 season ticket holders in division THREE recently. Both sides have won proper trophies.

Palace had a gate of 51,000 once, but gates dipped to 4,000 only one relegation and 5 years later - which obviously is the sign of a true no-mark noddy outfit. :thumbsup:

Are you sure it wasn't a gate of one 51,000 times ?

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
That list includes Wembley, which isnt a club stadium, so 21st is correct. Although not sure if that list includes the expansion taking place at wolves? anyone know how many seats that's adding?

Ah i see, my apologies, I should of read the thread title more carefully. I believe they want
To increase the Capacity at Wolves to 50,000

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ah i see, my apologies, I should of read the thread title more carefully. I believe they want
To increase the Capacity at Wolves to 50,000

I'm sure they'll fill that in the Championship, won't they? Ridiculous example of a club over-stretching itself.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
brighton are back, baby.

amex~0.jpg

[i am aware it looks mini :lolol:]

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Stoke are surely the benchmark of Noddy! I may be completely wrong on this one, but didn't they have 10k, or even sub-10k, crowds in the Championship before their elevation to the top flight, when they suddenly gained 15k fans?!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here