Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Following expansion, the Amex will be the 21st largest club stadium in England...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stoke are surely the benchmark of Noddy! I may be completely wrong on this one, but didn't they have 10k, or even sub-10k, crowds in the Championship before their elevation to the top flight, when they suddenly gained 15k fans?!?
No:

Four seasons in league 1 with average gates between 11,500 and 14,000
Then six season at our level with ave gates between 14,500 and 17,000

And four seasons averaging under 10,000 since 1963, so not really that noddy.

EFS English Clubs

I hate to say it, but we averaged 8,386 in our 1991 play off season. Now that was noddy - although we won't see gates that low for decades now.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
21st largest stadium. Excellent.

So if went on ground size alone, we should be...........top of the Championship! .......Oh.

(I know it's not as simple as that :) )

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
The extended ground will be fine for the Championship but would have to be double the size to enable us to live in the Premiership so its for the best that we are not going up.

Jul 20, 2003
to compete with Barcelona we need at least 130,000 capacity .... what a joke this club is

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure how Stoke qualify as noddy, [MENTION=525]Cheeky Monkey[/MENTION]. They've got a big history and decent sized support. Norwich are not far behind them, and had 22,000 season ticket holders in division THREE recently. Both sides have won proper trophies.

Palace had a gate of 51,000 once, but gates dipped to 4,000 only one relegation and 5 years later - which obviously is the sign of a true no-mark noddy outfit. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE

The only reason their gate was 51000 was because it was the last game of the season and if they won they finished the season above the mighty Seagulls :smile:

And the bastards did :angry:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
brighton are back, baby.

amex~0.jpg

[i am aware it looks mini :lolol:]

:lol:

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure how Stoke qualify as noddy, [MENTION=525]Cheeky Monkey[/MENTION]. They've got a big history and decent sized support. Norwich are not far behind them, and had 22,000 season ticket holders in division THREE recently. Both sides have won proper trophies.

Palace had a gate of 51,000 once, but gates dipped to 4,000 only one relegation and 5 years later - which obviously is the sign of a true no-mark noddy outfit. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE

The only reason their gate was 51000 was because it was the last game of the season and if they won they finished the season above the mighty Seagulls :smile:

And the bastards did :angry:

bloody burnley

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
to compete with Barcelona we need at least 130,000 capacity .... what a joke this club is

Woah, woah, let's not go nuts here. Barcelona is one of Europe's biggest cities, with a population of c. 1.61 million people. Brighton is the biggest city in... Sussex, with a population of about 156,000 residents.

So, 1,610,000 / 130,000 = 12.38 residents per seat (Barca)

and: 156000 / 31500 = 4.95 residents per seat (Albion)

Therefore, if anything, we can prove that the Amex is sufficiently size for a catchment area as small as Brighton.

(Not counting glory-hunters / fans from other parts of the country)

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Woah, woah, let's not go nuts here. Barcelona is one of Europe's biggest cities, with a population of c. 1.61 million people. Brighton is the biggest city in... Sussex, with a population of about 156,000 residents.

Therefore, if anything, we can prove that the Amex is sufficiently size for a catchment area as small as Brighton.

Don't you mean Brighton and hove City urban area has 256000?
http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/downloads/bhcc/citystats/1_CityProfile.pdf

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Plane_flying_past_control_tower_11nd0461rf.jpg

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Don't you mean Brighton and hove City urban area has 256000?
http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/downloads/bhcc/citystats/1_CityProfile.pdf

urban area of B&H is 450,000, city populaiton is 250,000, sussex has a population of 1.5 million.

considering that the goldstone was in HOVE how could you exclude the entire population of hove from that calculation :nono:

Jul 20, 2003

don't get me started on numbers!!!

The population of Spain is circa 48million

The population of the UK is 62 million (if you don't count all of the illegal immigrants) ..... I know we're in England, I saw all the flags at the weekend but if we don't want to be bigger than Swansea and Cardiff (Wrexham don't even count after we SPANKED them this season) then we shouldn't bother. AND Rangers are a busted flush and I think you'll find Celtic are are actually Irish

anyway, back to the numbers

48 million Spaniards (most of whom don't have a job) 130,000 seats

to compete with these jobless losers (who on couldn't even make the final against 10 men with a goal advantage) we need at least 160,000 seats ..... otherwise we're f***ed

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

don't get me started on numbers!!!

The population of Spain is circa 48million

The population of the UK is 62 million (if you don't count all of the illegal immigrants) ..... I know we're in England, I saw all the flags at the weekend but if we don't want to be bigger than Swansea and Cardiff (Wrexham don't even count after we SPANKED them this season) then we shouldn't bother. AND Rangers are a busted flush and I think you'll find Celtic are are actually Irish

anyway, back to the numbers

48 million Spaniards (most of whom don't have a job) 130,000 seats

to compete with these jobless losers (who on couldn't even make the final against 10 men with a goal advantage) we need at least 160,000 seats ..... otherwise we're f***ed
Is no-one thinking about the children of Mile Oak?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The highlighted clubs on that list are basically noddy clubs (to me anyway), we're setting ourselves higher these days. Great to be bigger than Birmingham though, Britains second city. The BEAST from the south coast is finally back.

Noddy clubs? What is your definition? Stoke and Bolton were founding members of the FL.

D

Deleted User X18H

brighton are back, baby.

amex~0.jpg

[i am aware it looks mini :lolol:]

Gosh the Amex in Victoria Gardens. I bet they wish they'd thought of that. Instead of Harvey's they'd serve Alan Partridge's fav............a Ladyboy.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Noddy clubs? What is your definition? Stoke and Bolton were founding members of the FL.

To clarify - I will never see clubs like Stoke, Bolton, Norwich or Fulham as 'big clubs' or even 'middling to big' clubs. It's a personal opinion of course and I appreciate that they are not bonafide Noddy in the vein of Brentford FC or Port Vile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here