Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] FlyBe in trouble? (BBC report)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Those poor souls, how will they get from the City down to Rock for the weekend?

You're missing the point somewhat.

They'll still be fine - they'd just need to head down to Gatwick instead of across to Heathrow.

The actual issue would be the loss of connectivity through Heathrow for ongoing travel.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You're missing the point somewhat.

They'll still be fine - they'd just need to head down to Gatwick instead of across to Heathrow.

The actual issue would be the loss of connectivity through Heathrow for ongoing travel.

interesting aside, apparently the iar tax gets paid where you first depart from. when transfering onward, no duty is paid. seems like the wholeair duty is pants.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
She said it herself on Andrew Marr one Sunday morning.

[tweet]1193476267296858112[/tweet]

(I'm not piling here on Lucas here - I just opened this thread at this point and could answer your question)

What would Greta say?...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Channel Islands a bit ****ed now. Only really well served by EasyJet who no doubt will have them over a barrel

Southampton & Belfast City airports might as well shut !

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Channel Islands a bit ****ed now. Only really well served by EasyJet who no doubt will have them over a barrel

Southampton & Belfast City airports might as well shut !

BA have 4-5 flights a day from Gatwick - Jersey and Aurigny have the LGW - Guernsey route (2-3 times daily)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
BA have 4-5 flights a day from Gatwick - Jersey and Aurigny have the LGW - Guernsey route (2-3 times daily)

What about up north? Midlands? Scotland?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If the demand is there the routes will be taken up by others.......

By who? With what planes?

Actually I suspect this is a pre planned admin and no doubt the same directors will restart FlyBeNewCo by the end of the week debt free

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep......or Branson or someone like him will step in and buy it for peanuts......

Flybe was acquired by Connect Airways, which is owned by Virgin Atlantic and its partners Stobart Group and Cyrus Capital - doubt it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In related news: one thing I won't be doing is booking a Norwegian flight unless it was for the next week or two.

Given their recent financial woes, a dip in bookings could hit them hard, even if they had seemingly turned a corner of late.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In related news: one thing I won't be doing is booking a Norwegian flight unless it was for the next week or two.

Given their recent financial woes, a dip in bookings could hit them hard, even if they had seemingly turned a corner of late.

:( New York City flights booked with them for this summer.

All airlines will shirley have a huge dip with the virus. Simon Calder said already there are holiday bargains appearing, whilst Easyjet and others are cancelling entire routes.

Hopefully the Norwegian government steps in. Instead of having national debt, they have a US$1T sovereign wealth fund.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here