Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flowers For Johnny 2 Jags

Frank Dux

Jul 24, 2003
Reigate
Yup, I am just round the corner as well, I'll drop some off, I'll try to get some more people from here to do so as well & stagger them going, so the stream builds up. I can drop them whenever the consensus agrees

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hilton said:
Are they actually gonna let these flowers stay outside the gates?

Who knows? We can but try.

They left the whitewash there for a while:lolol:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Help!!! I am confused....what are we supposed to be doing? I've emailed, sent letters, and got friends/colleagues to do the same. I think we need a lead on what else we should REALLY be doing - can Paul Samrah/Paul Camillin tell us????

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Paul is busy sending out press releases and letters via some of us to all 92 clubs asking their fans to write in,

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Flowers are ok, it's not as though we're causing a nuisance by ordering unsolicited pizzas or taxis is it?

It's no different to writing a letter- i'm not suggesting for a moment that people be abusive, and at least some old grannies in London might get a few daisies out of it at the end of the day.

Really can't see how it could be considered a bribe. If only MPs could be bribed with a bunch of carnations we wouldn't be in this position now would we?

How are the NIMBY's supposed to object- "could the honourable member please advise the House whether this decision was made on the basis of Mrs Prescott receiving some gerberas which matched her lounge carpet?"

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dennis Moore
Dennis Moore
Dum dum dum de dum.

Your lupins or your life.

NOT MORE BLOOODY LUPINS!!!!!!!!!

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Reliant said:
will someone take some pictures of all the flowers in front of the gates?

I would love to pop over there and take some piccies with my new camera phone - if only I knew how to convert them to a picture file...anyone....Dwayne?

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I've lost track of what is going to happen. I live just down the road from the Deputy Prime Ministers Office, are we putting them there or are we going to Downing Street. Personally I think 2 jags office is better, especialy given yesterdays events at downing street. And are we going to do it tonight or tomorrow morning?

Help! I need to be told what to do!

Paul Samrah has just phoned me to say that the Falmer For All team are 100 per cent behind this idea.

He's also suggested that we try to get every one of the 92 football clubs in England to send flowers to John Prescott.

What is needed for that to work is a volunteer to co-ordinate the arrangements. Falmer For All will make contact with the football clubs. But someone needs to identify a florist who will work with us. And - for publicity purposes - we also need the florist to keep tabs on which clubs have responded to the invitation. There's also the little matter of ensuring that the florist gets paid. FFA might well be able to find a way to get money up-front to the florist, to be recouped from the participating football clubs as they respond.

Is there anyone willing to volunteer their time to help co-ordinate all this? PM me if you prefer.

In the meantime FFA encourages all individuals who want to arrange their own floral tribute to go ahead.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:clap2: :clap2:

So, who's going to send Big Johnny a dozen red roses then?

Two Jags's office is definitely a good idea, for some reason I imagined it was at Downing Street anyway, but if not, it might prevent any potential security issues (ie, they get taken away in case they contain anthrax).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
30 yellow daffodils are being flown in from Jersey via flyingflowers to be delivered on Monday with a card saying I love Brighton & Hove Albion

(well we do play in yellow too)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We should aim for Monday then?

I think I saw that Jersey flower company online, they were quite cheap if anyone needs a budget florist. Though they might use 1st class post rather than courier service.

Let's make a decision, it should be feasible to work towards delivery on Monday. Most florists will deliver the next day, some the same day if you ask them, so people have tomorrow and Saturday at least to choose which blooms they think would look stunning in the DPM's office.

You can always add on your note that you'd like youur bouquet to go to a nearby hospital or old people's home when Mrs Prescott has finished with them, it makes us look very considerate.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Prescott's office is further up Whitehall towards Trafalgar Square.It is newly refurbished (and was the one stormed by environmental protestors for using non-replensished forests or something). The same security arrangements will be in place as Downing Street although the guards at the gate are not real police but security people. Downing Street would have more impact for the purposes of the press but maybe not for Prescott. By the way I know it is pedantic but politicians love their titles - could people when writing to him call him the Rt Hon John Prescott MP - being a simple man from humble beginnings I am sure he will appreciate this.

Last edited:

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
It would bring attention which is what we need, I do not think flower would piss him off....like Bwian said no diff then sending 1000's of E-mails. Lets show support for Falmer and put scalfs, shirts anything to the fence. It will bring so much publicity for the club..lets do it! If any one does go up 2 London tell me when n' where..I'll b there

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do it Monday. Time to organise, but not too late.

PS Eastleigh- nice idea, though I'm not sure Prescott will be personally reading every single card

:lolol:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Has the press been tipped off about this? Not much point if no one sees it? It has got to be national news as well!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here