Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flowers For Johnny 2 Jags

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Nelson - who was the florist in Hove? Would they be willing to put a bucket in the shop so that people could go in and make donations?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do we have time to wait until next week?

I still think that if we could arrange a steady stream of flower vans going to Downing Street tomorrow (as well as hand delivered flowers by the gates) it would have good effect. Even if we could get a hundred bunches in total, less than a tenth of those registered on NSC, it would still be an awful lot of vases Prescott has to find. Not to mention enough piled up outside the gates for passing journalists to wonder who's died and take a look.

Most online florists will deliver tomorrow if you specify that. Either that, or you all promise to pay one of the London based Seagulls to buy loads on your behalf and they take them all there themselves!

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Well done balloonboy. What's the plan then - are we going to send them individually or collectively. Personally I think we should delliver them ourselves. That way we can get more attention rather than hoping reporters will notice the deliverys.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Eastleigh Seagull said:
I am in - my office window looks out onto the Downing Street entrance so anything I can do in helping to co-ordinate just ask.

Are we allowed to hang things on the gates? By that I mean things like scarves and stuff-not wanky little inspectors!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Withnail said:
Well done balloonboy. What's the plan then - are we going to send them individually or collectively. Personally I think we should delliver them ourselves. That way we can get more attention rather than hoping reporters will notice the deliverys.

Individually might be a good plan. It'll have more impact as the pile grows. I'll put a couple of Albion shirts on the gates if I'm allowed...After all the stuff that got hung up outside Buck House for Di I hope a couple of shirts will be allowed.

What about Sunday? Won't intefere with the events at Wycombe and most of us won't be working. If that's no good-no problem! Any day and I'm in!

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
anything that can be done to attract publicity needs to be done with the polite approach to the police - when Eubank did his anti-war protest a month or so ago in his truck he had their full co-operation until he drove into another van. I doubt if we will be able to tie anything to the gates but we can leave things in front as long as they dont look explosive - but I agree a personal presence of as many as possible is necesary for an impact - the front door to the Cabinet Office is next door to the Downing Street gates if that could also be a possible target?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I totally and absolutely disagree with this action!!!

1. He has not yet made a decision on Falmer!

2. He is looking at the main enquiry findings, not some local council inspector who is at odds with council policy

3. we must be seen to be whiter that white in that our opponents even complained when they thought Ivor Caplin may have mentioned it over coffee one night.

4. Why piss him off?

I am sorry if this is negative, buit lets protest/march/sit in etc etc, but not aim this at Prescott.......not until he says yea or nay

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Sorry guys but I'm in agreement with Dave on this one....

I'd be pissed off if I got inundated with flowers....what the heck is he supposed to do with them except throw them out??

not sure if this is the right tack.....I much prefer the stand in, sit in idea as well as the going up to London in full kit and handing out flyers and brochures to all and sundry and letter the papers know as we have been doing...

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Eastleigh Seagull said:
anything that can be done to attract publicity needs to be done with the polite approach to the police - when Eubank did his anti-war protest a month or so ago in his truck he had their full co-operation until he drove into another van.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
what a plank

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
The idea is to show Prescott we're not some small provincial club that is not important enough to warrant a new stadium. The bigger we can make this the better. This is not intended to be the only protest but to run in conjunction with the march. The flowers would be given to local hospitals at no inconvinience to Prescott at all. It's not like he lives on his own and has to keep answering the door every time another bunch arrives!!!

I agree great idea....we need a decision on whether its the best idea now!

But if the flowers are done in a positive mode

"Dear John, Have a happy valentines,

Love Brighton Community Stadium"

We do need to plan a day and ensure it will not clash with another high profile event/lobby on that day,

it also needs to be mid-day to catch the news,

perhaps one of our media guys can advise,

lc

???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
tedebear said:
I just don't want to piss him or his staff off thats all - seems like bribery??

It's not bribery...it's something different to bring attention to our situation.

It's no different to bombarding his office with thousands of emails and letters is it? In fact, it could be better if we ask for the flowers to be given to hospitals or care homes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here