Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flowers For Johnny 2 Jags

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Flowers For Johnny 2 Jags-Come and Join Us!

Edna Krabapple's suggestion is superb.

What we need is to find out how many people will ACTUALLY send flowers before we start the ball rolling and only six bunches turn up.

Let me be the first to say "I'm In-when are we going to do it"?

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sticky please mods:wave:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just trying to think of a different way to attract attention and hundreds of bunches of flowers being delivered to Prescott or left at the gates of Downing Street would definitely be one.

If you're in London anyway, go to a garage or to a supermarket, you can pick up bunches of flowers for a couple of quid. A card would be a good thing too, so any passing folk (or hopefully journalists) can read the message.

"Dear John Prescott. With deepest sympathy, following the death of Brighton And Hove Albion Football Club (or at least it will be if we don't get a new stadium at Falmer)"

We could do with making the entrance to Downing Street look like Kensington Palace after Diana's death (aim high eh?).

Just having a look at Interflora's website to check prices, but there are plenty of other online companies which deliver flowers. You can specify a price.

Tomorrow should be designated official "Flowers For Prescott Day" so people can order them by phone or online, and those in London can go shopping tonight to buy a bunch.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Why dont we contact a local flourist ans sy, right we will give you x if you can do it at 40% cost. m sure with 3000 flowers sent they probably would!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
What would this do to us if a judicial review became reality? I know it's only flowers and understand the reason behind it but it would leave us open to suggestions of having buttered him up, even though it sounds ludicrous.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I doubt if even Norman Baker can challenge the decision of a public enquiry on the grounds that Brighton fans sent him and Mrs Prescott thousands of flowers!

Anyway, they'll all get donated to hospitals and old people's homes in the end, so we get to look good.

How is the going to work? Will there be a co-ordinated delivery or do we just take them there ourselves (I can drop them off tommorrow night). I agree that we need to have a lot of flowers to make an impact.

I think this is a terrific idea, innovative and not what the anti-football crowd would expect.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Only nine so far people.

WE NEED MORE!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yay on the credit card it goes, I'm IN!

Think interflora might run out of blue & white flowers so we may need some other flower shops!

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Just spoke to a flourist in Hove and they can do blue and white flowers and it works out about £1.50 a stem. She said they could handle an order of £500-£700 but Interflora would need to get it done by next wednesday ans that period up to Valentines is the most expensive. Could we deposit our contribution the REMF account as its already set up?

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Think about it, 15 stems is quite a bit, 450 of the buggers and itw ill look like confeti (which is now illegal to throw at weddings did you know?!)

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
This should be a Skicky. Count me in. If we can get a deal from a local florist it would make sense to get them all together and take them up in a convoy of cars with flags and banners flying. Come on everyone, for the sake of a couple of quid this could make a difference. If everyone gives up the price of a pint we could get a stadium out of it!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Is this innovative idea going to take off?

Blue and White plus of course Yellow if B&W run out.

We need more! What's another 10 or 20 quid in support of the Albion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here