Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flagging Credible Posters

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I suspect that this can be done in vbulletin, but wouldn't it be handy if you could click on a post that you thought was particularly helpful (or equally on one that was unhelpful or cretinous) in order to build up a picture of the posters whose opinion many people consider to be credible and those posters who generally people regard as unhelpful. Might help when trawling through the pages of often pointless comments.

Can it be done Bozza?

PS Waits to get people asking where they can click the link to note this thread as pointless.

What as unhelpful as this suggestion? There really are some prize pricks on here! :angry:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ignore is great. I used to be mildly curious as to what people on my "ignored" list were posting, especially when they start a new thread, but now I simply don't give a toss, they are on the ignore list for a good reason.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
So when your less "reasonable" posters appear on a long thread, are you just going to not read what they say? Seems a bit odd. And what about those people who you might consider "reasonable" but who are as dull as ditchwater?

For the effort involved in solving this problem that has never been flagged up by anyone else on this site before, I think you may as well try and learn to become more tolerant of the people you're not interested in. Just skim read, not respond and ignore. :shrug:

In my experience, the more heavily monitored the site is, the shitter it is to read.

I agree, you will never get rid of the 'annoying' posters but there again, as to who they are is a matter of personal opinion is it not ?

D

Deleted User X18H

I suspect that this can be done in vbulletin, but wouldn't it be handy if you could click on a post that you thought was particularly helpful (or equally on one that was unhelpful or cretinous) in order to build up a picture of the posters whose opinion many people consider to be credible and those posters who generally people regard as unhelpful. Might help when trawling through the pages of often pointless comments.

Can it be done Bozza?

PS Waits to get people asking where they can click the link to note this thread as pointless.

Oh do shut up Andy. There really is some audacity in someone from Kent asking for credibility in others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here