Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First pictures from Mars

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Wilko said:
Did you know as well that in the background of the footage of the moonlanding is the the american flag flapping in the wind - one problem ! There is no atmosphere or wind on the moon so it would not be flapping about, it would be limp and motionless.

Exactly. There's absolutely no atmosphere. So what do you propose would have slowed down the movement/momentum in the flag from it being carried there?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
hmmm thats quite an interesting read, damn it and i thought I was being so clever :angry:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
They did land on the moon (they did at least go there) I won't tell you how I think I know this as people never believe me but they did, or at least something did go to and back from the moon.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
marvin said:
They did land on the moon (they did at least go there) I won't tell you how I think I know this as people never believe me but they did, or at least something did go to and back from the moon.

Errmmm....okay.
There is a mirror that was left on the moon by the Apollo astronauts too. You can reflect a laser beam off it which proves that it's there. It's been used many times by scientists to measure the distance to the moon very accurately. These measuements have shown that the moon is slowly receeding from the earth.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
US Seagull said:
Errmmm....okay.
There is a mirror that was left on the moon by the Apollo astronauts too. You can reflect a laser beam off it which proves that it's there. It's been used many times by scientists to measure the distance to the moon very accurately. These measuements have shown that the moon is slowly receeding from the earth.

This is all interesting stuff, is there a great deal of bitterness in America regarding the reluctance of other nations to accept their achievements ?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Wilko said:
This is all interesting stuff, is there a great deal of bitterness in America regarding the reluctance of other nations to accept their achievements ?

Can't say I'm really aware of any. I'm not sure exactly which nations aren't accepting their achievements? And to be quite honest, I really can't see many Americans giving a shit if they didn't. Many Americans are sadly isolationist when it comes to the rest of the world :rolleyes:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
US Seagull said:
Can't say I'm really aware of any. I'm not sure exactly which nations aren't accepting their achievements? And to be quite honest, I really can't see many Americans giving a shit if they didn't. Many Americans are sadly isolationist when it comes to the rest of the world :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree with you on that one !

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
This is fascinating stuff. Excellent article and discussion.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
would i bring down the tone of the discussion by pointing out

i love your new avatar crabtree:)

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Several years ago I heard Jim Lovell talking about being on Apollo 13. Lovell was showing some of his home movies from the trip. I laughed when he was talking about basically trying to use the moon as a slingshot to send them back to earth. The other members were taking pictures of the 'far side of the moon' and not concentrating on their jobs. Lovell reminded them that the pictures would not do much good if they disintegrated on re-entry. Amazing stuff... but not worth the money .....

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Yes - however we can't get our helicopters off the ground so I'm pretty sure we didnt get to the moon first (ever?)....

Good god our helicopters are depressing - If Lichtenstein (?) attacked us I suspect we would have to run away...

Cheers,

David

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
driddles said:
Yes - however we can't get our helicopters off the ground so I'm pretty sure we didnt get to the moon first (ever?)....

Good god our helicopters are depressing - If Lichtenstein (?) attacked us I suspect we would have to run away...

Cheers,

David

Ssssh, you'll give them ideas.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Brilliant news, it's now official that there's better odds on finding life on Mars than Wolves winning the Premiership.!!!!!!!hahahahah

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
imho they would have done much better to have used one of these up there

bt2.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
alan partridge said:
imho they would have done much better to have used one of these up there

whys that streaming back childhood memories all of a sudden :D

I once had a remote controlled buggy thing that I used in my garden once and pretended it was on the moon :shootself

and thanks about my avatar!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here